Vortech V1 S-Trim Fuel Requirements?

aaron97

Cobra is King
Established Member
I am about to install a Vortech V-1 S-Trim with the Aftercooler and a 3.12” pulley. I already have a BBK 255lph In-Tank fuel pump, 42lb. Injectors and adjustable FPR. I am getting it dyno tuned along with a SCT-5. My question is, will the BBK 255lph pump be enough to support the current set up or will a boost-a-pump be needed. Not looking for insane numbers, just looking to get the most I can out of a stock motor. This is my daily driver, which is why I am getting the SCT-5, that way I can set up a Valet/Wife, Economy, 91 Octane, 93 Octane, Race Track. The tuner is going to supply the SCT-5 and tunes for each for what I consider to be a good price. My biggest concern is showing up for the dyno and have the BBK 255lph pump not be able to keep up, but since I’m not looking to put down amazing numbers, I don’t really want to waste money on fuel components that are overkill and will really never see their full potential. But I’m not being cheap, if I really need to spend the money to be safe, then I will spend the money.

My94GT

Established Member
maybe look into a kb boost a pump. just for some security, in all reality you wont know till you get on the dyno. depending on the power you plan to make you could run a set of 60lbs injectors and have room for growth down the road if desired.

i really think having a bigger fuel set up then needed is never a bad thing as i though id be all good and now i need to go much bigger in the rear like i should have from the get go.

aaron97

Cobra is King
Established Member
maybe look into a kb boost a pump. just for some security, in all reality you wont know till you get on the dyno. depending on the power you plan to make you could run a set of 60lbs injectors and have room for growth down the road if desired.

i really think having a bigger fuel set up then needed is never a bad thing as i though id be all good and now i need to go much bigger in the rear like i should have from the get go.

That's understandable, at first I was thinking about going with the 60lbs injectors but after talking with the dyno guy, he said 42's would be more than enough for what i want. I understand leaving room for growth, but if there is going to be any growth, it will be a long ways off. The Cobra has to stay in a daily drivable condition, since my other car will be putting down close to 620rwhp. On top of these two cars, i also have a '67 Cougar that needs restoring. So going all out with the Cobra will be quit a ways off.

I was looking at the T-Rex pump that would have come with the supercharger kit had i bought it brand new and after comparing the stats, it seemed pointless to run a boost-a-pump because the T-Rex stats were 50gph and 70psi max as where the 255lph is 67gph and 90psi. So in my mind, adding the TRex would actually hinder fuel delivery... does that sound right?

My94GT

Established Member
yea sounds about right to me. the shop that did my car opted not to go with the t rex so i did a 255 in tank and kb boost a pump.

Users who are viewing this thread