Vortech Ti trim boost with 3.15 pulley

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
And that’s why the boost is low lol. You have the factory crank size pulley bro. Go and enjoy the car. The pn is 918037

MOmystic

WashMOmystic
Established Member
And that’s why the boost is low lol. You have the factory crank size pulley bro. Go and enjoy the car. The pn is 918037
Are you sure? Sorry… I’m not. I haven’t even seen the crank pulley nor measured it myself. Which ati crank pulley would you suggest for the boost i seek? Or in another words, if it got swapped out with another, which one and how much more boost May i see?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Yes I’m sure. But I’m not gonna argue about it. Your money, your car. I’ve been doing this with mod motors and Vortech’s since 2000. S, T, JT, Ysi, Ysi B. 6 rib 8 rib and now a custom 10 rib.

If you want more power call up innovators west throw a 18% od crank pulley on it and a 3.33” upper on the ti trim will yield close to 20psi and 19* of timing on e85 will be in the mid to high 700s.

Good luck

MOmystic

WashMOmystic
Established Member
Yes I’m sure. But I’m not gonna argue about it. Your money, your car. I’ve been doing this with mod motors and Vortech’s since 2000. S, T, JT, Ysi, Ysi B. 6 rib 8 rib and now a custom 10 rib.

If you want more power call up innovators west throw a 18% od crank pulley on it and a 3.33” upper on the ti trim will yield close to 20psi and 19* of timing on e85 will be in the mid to high 700s.

Good luck
Thanks for your help man, i greatly appreciate it.

MOmystic

WashMOmystic
Established Member

Good luck
The shop measured the crank pulley with a dial caliper and it measured 7.50”.. not the stock size crank pulley.. got me wondering if the cams specs are off or not dialed in correctly..

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
The shop measured the crank pulley with a dial caliper and it measured 7.50”.. not the stock size crank pulley.. got me wondering if the cams specs are off or not dialed in correctly..
Did they measure inside the ribs or the outer diameter

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Here is the ati website. If the outer diameter is infact 7.5” that would be a 12% overdrive crank. The 3v damper fits just fine on the 96-04s. Again the boost would still make sense with the cams and exhaust you have. On a stock cammed engine it would be around 19 or so

Attachments

• IMG_0040.png
    IMG_0040.png
    849.3 KB · Views: 47

MOmystic

WashMOmystic
Established Member
Here is the ati website. If the outer diameter is infact 7.5” that would be a 12% overdrive crank. The 3v damper fits just fine on the 96-04s. Again the boost would still make sense with the cams and exhaust you have. On a stock cammed engine it would be around 19 or so
So i have basically run out of options at this point for my setup making more power, correct? Only thing i could do at this point is overspin the Ti trim?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
So i have basically run out of options at this point for my setup making more power, correct? Only thing i could do at this point is overspin the Ti trim?
You’re making the proper power with boost you’re seeing. Overspin the blower it’s fine. I spin my Ysi-b to 80k lol. Don’t go spinning the Ti that hard but I’ve overspun every single Vortech I’ve owned by at least 5k blower rpm.

Also no matter what you do there is slip happening. So likely you’re still just fine.

MOmystic

WashMOmystic
Established Member
You’re making the proper power with boost you’re seeing. Overspin the blower it’s fine. I spin my Ysi-b to 80k lol. Don’t go spinning the Ti that hard but I’ve overspun every single Vortech I’ve owned by at least 5k blower rpm.

Also no matter what you do there is slip happening. So likely you’re still just fine.
Thanks

MOmystic

WashMOmystic
Established Member

With a 12% od crank and a 2.95 blower pulley i was thinking of switching to, I’d be spinning 6,400rpm’s over what vortech claims is acceptable at 7000rpm..

MOmystic

WashMOmystic
Established Member
B3314009-1BCE-404B-8C97-04800C422F13.jpeg
Will

Will do!!
Here is the dyno graph with the 2.95 pulley. Cars peak hp was at 6500rpms. Believe the car is at 16.5* of timing and didnt like anymore timing after that. I’m gonna have them throw a 93 octane tune on it. Think i overfilled with setting it up for E85 unless i go with a bigger blower set up or even smaller pulley..

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
Here is the dyno graph with the 2.95 pulley. Cars peak hp was at 6500rpms. Believe the car is at 16.5* of timing and didnt like anymore timing after that. I’m gonna have them throw a 93 octane tune on it. Think i overfilled with setting it up for E85 unless i go with a bigger blower set up or even smaller pulley..

Good numbers. I'm not sure difficult pulley swaps are but you could send the 2.95 pulley out to get coated and that should fix any belt slip you may have. Only problem with that is Carbonite coating does reduce belt life. So you run the coated pulley to make the boost and the larger non coated one to putz around town with.

Users who are viewing this thread