vortech startup

Riskeman

Established Member
I finally have finished the install on my pieced together vortech kit. I'd like to start it up and let it idle to burb the cooling system, look for leaks, etc.. However as it sits the car won't startup and run.

A little background info: 96 cobra, v2 sqi headunit, 3.6 pulley, I did and imrc delete and secondary port cleaning, Walboro 255, 42 lb injectors, 90mm LMAF, no tune yet

1st attempt it fired a couple of cylinders but didn't start.
I took out the plugs and they were all wet. I cleaned and dryed them all and reinstalled.

2nd attempt it fired more cylinders and actually started and ran rough for about 10 seconds.

3rd attempt was the same as the 1st.

I checked a plug after the third attempt and it was wet with gas.

So right now I'm in the process of getting a start up tune from a local tuner to be able to drive to the shop for a dyno tune. However I'd like to make sure everything is good (no leaks, coil packs are good, etc.) before the dyno tune. Right now I think it is the larger injectors and LMAF that are not tuned for that are causing the start up troubles. I'm thinking about putting back in the stock injectors and MAF to be able to start it up. I would just let it idle and warm up to make sure everything is good and then when I get the startup tune I would put the 42lbers and the lmaf back in.

Should I put the stock injectors and maf back in to be able to start it up on the stock tune or should I wait for the startup tune to start it up with the new stuff?

Last edited:

01greycobra

Built and Blown!
Established Member
Just wait it would be easier. I has the same problem after installing my Procharger. My tuner sent me a tune just so I could have the car run and drive it to him.

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
If you have no tune, the car is dying because of the different pump, maf, and injectors. You need a tune to also eliminate the IMRC's that your ecu is expecting to be there. It's most likely being flooded and thats why it won't run.

Users who are viewing this thread