vortech+spray on stock motor

UncleAnt

Established Member
while my new motor is being built i planned on putting a nitrous kit on the stock one to tide me over with the power.i know 450 is really the limit for a stock 2v block and even then your buying your time.my main question is what kind of power would a 75 shot net me and would it be ok to spray that much.im making 360/380 right now with basically a blower and exhaust.i dont plan on spraying the piss out of it from light to light or anything just for some fun on the weekends.
thanks anthony

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
75 shot on top of 360whp is going to break that bottom end pretty easily IMO. It would make more than 75 at the wheels with the vortech. Try something like a 35 shot if anything at all. Personally I wouldnt do nitrous and supercharger on stock pistons and rods...

UncleAnt

Established Member
its only for a short time.i know its gonna end up killing the motor.i wasnt sure of the power gains on it though.i guess ill end up trying a smaller shot and moving it up from there.

vteckiller2000

Add Lightness
Established Member
When I sold my last Mustang it was Vortech blown with a bit over 450 at the wheels. The guy who bought it threw a 50 shot on it and it puked the bottom end the first pass with the spray. Don't do it unless you have a flatbed to tow it home IMO.

BM1

Established Member
Install a methanol kit and get your charge temps down. That alone would be a smarter investment than trying to spray it.

Last edited:

UncleAnt

Established Member
well i have a a/a intercooler for it.i just diddnt want to put it on before i take this motor out.im probably gonna wait and sell this motor for some extra cash instead of destroying it.

BM1

Established Member
well i have a a/a intercooler for it.i just diddnt want to put it on before i take this motor out.im probably gonna wait and sell this motor for some extra cash instead of destroying it.

An intercooler doesn't work nearly as well as a methanol injection system. A meth system also adds a ton of octane when it sprays.

blownaltered

Established Member
I say spray a 50 shot and have a good time. You shouldn't have a problem. I know a guy running 435 rwhp before his 75 shot and I couldn't tell you how many times that car has been down the track. ( not saying this is the norm so don't everybody get your panties in a bunch ) If you putting a new motor in it anyways I would go ahead and have a little fun.

Zoie_daGT

Established Member
I think you are playing w/ fire in one hand and dynamite in the other. I would do it IMHO. Selling the engine is a smarter move. When and engine blows, it can take some really expensive stuff w/ it. I blew my tranny and it broke the tangs off the engine block where they mate to the tranny. A tranny job turned into and engine project REAL quick.

zx3focus

Established Member
Pretty lame when you need a blower and a bottle to make just over 400 wheel. Put the intercooler on it and pulley down until the new motor is done if you want more power. It will hold 400-430 just fine IMO.

Bluebullit

Established Member
yeah i have an intercooler and 7psi and i mad 420rwhp on a hot summer day. i cant wait till i get my setup finished for the 15-17 psi!!! but since i have forged pistons but the shop decided to not do rods like i asked i have to go thru it and do myself this time cause until then im scared to put more boost to it.

TClark22

Established Member

i would not spray it...thats just cash you can have.

Users who are viewing this thread