Vortech saleen help/suggestions??

LaserRed_Snake

Established Member
Hi guys, I currently have a 2000 saleen s281. So my car is pretty much a gt with the saleen exterior package and the non Sc motor. So I added a vortech v2 s trim blower (non-intercooled) with the stock 3.6 pulley, keep in mind my car has the saleen under drive pulleys. I was wondering if I should switch back to stock gt pulleys because the car currently makes about 5-6psi of boost @6-6500 rpm, shouldn't it make 8psi with the stock pulley? I think it's the smaller pulleys that's making the car not hit those 8psi, Ik it's only 2psi less but that's some hp I'm losing and idk about that any suggestions? Car has stock headers, o/r x, factory saleen catback (borla), pp penlum and throttle body, 39lbs cobra injectors, 340lpm fuel pump with pprv delete and a kenne bell frps disk. I'm sure I'm missing a thing or 2 but that's pretty much it, car made 315/335 on a low reading dyno ( tuner said it was reading low)... car does pretty good on the street but those numbers got really slow really fast. I want to do an intercooler, 10lbs of boost, 80lb injectors, maybe e85 if possible and some long tube headers down the road I just want a little more boost in the mean time thanks for any help I'll throw in some pics of my car and maybe a video if I can find one !

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

LaserRed_Snake

Established Member
a79503720badca420c7270341640c34a.jpg
39d43056da742e94a1f4f852542fdf12.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Sluggie24

Established Member
If the crank pulley is stock then under drive pulleys on the accessories shouldn't have any effect on blower pulley speed. For reliability I wouldn't start going to smaller blower pulleys until you install an intercooler. Additional boost brings additional heat and additional heat means the tuner has to detune to keep it safe.

I'd suggest getting the CX racing FMIC kit and a 3.33" blower pulley with a dyno tune to start. The intercooler isn't the best but it's cheap and the combo will give you a nice jump in power. You might need a new MAF for the extra airflow but your current fuel system should be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread