Vortech Question

98 Roush

Established Member
Long story short I bought a used s trim vortech that I sent out to get upgraded to a si trim and vortech told me I need a major rebuilt which would come to $1000. They offered me a new V2 si for $1200. I'm definitely going to jump on the new unit. My question is I can get the V3 si for a 100 bucks more which I like because of it self contained oil system. I'm planning to run 13-14 pounds of boost maybe more in the future and they said the V2 would be better for my application cause of colder oil circulating through it and the V3 will get hot with high boost. Anybody agree or disagree with this. PLEASE HELP ME decide which one to get. THANKS SVTP

Blwn97Slobra

Established Member
If Vortech techs are telling you this, then I'd def take their advice. They know their systems better than anyone and def won't steer you wrong.

98 Roush

Established Member
Thanks for the reply blown97. I spoke to another vortech rep and he said he recomends v2 for race application cause he says the V2 spins a little faster than the V3 because of the free flowing oil system. V2 it is :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread