Vortech Power output?

Stanger00

Established Member
Yeah, I was looking at buying a T Trim but they stopped making them for our cars. The V1 Si has a better efficiency 78% vs 73% to the T, only 50cfm less, and the same step up.

My V1 Si is going on my 02 GT project. Built C Head swap, around 10:1 Car, blower cams, full exhaust, T56 Magnum. Looking for 600-700rwhp on corn.
Yeah, that'll probably touch 700 with corn and maxing out that head unit.

XXWildCoyoteXX

Established Member
Ok, so any of yall running Nitrous with your blower or meth. I have a old nitrous kit still on my car and was wondering if it would be better to go to meth.
If the nitrous is all good, that will help when I go to a eaton swap as I hear it helps a lot to keep the heaton cooler.

Stanger00

Established Member
Ok, so any of yall running Nitrous with your blower or meth. I have a old nitrous kit still on my car and was wondering if it would be better to go to meth.
If the nitrous is all good, that will help when I go to a eaton swap as I hear it helps a lot to keep the heaton cooler.
V1 Si and you want to swap to Eaton sounds like a downgrade to me.

I don't run nitrous on my car. It's quick enough for me as is.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
V1 Si and you want to swap to Eaton sounds like a downgrade to me.

I agree, an intercooled V1 Si will support more power than an Eaton M112. Then again he never mentioned he built the motor and if he hasn't, he's more than maxxed out already.

Last edited:

XXWildCoyoteXX

Established Member
I think ill stick with the vortech and maybe upgrade the internals of the unit or would it be better to get a different unit all together.
I am wanting to atleast sit around 700ish without super over spinning my unit.

The motor will be built this winter. Putting Boss rods in along with full ARP stud kit for heads and rods, then 98 intake cams. Plus the minor other upgrades, oil pump upgrade, water pump, chain and cam gears, then ill have dual 465 pumps with a returnless system at this time.

Stanger00

Established Member
In this thread you see that a V1 Si is good for 55k rpm. A 10% OD crank with 3.125" blower pulley at 7k engine rpm will put it at 56k rpms without slip calculated. FYI all blowers have slip no stopping it. I overspun mine by 4k rpms but remember I don't hang it ringing it out at 7k for extended abouts of time.

I really think that V1 Si spun to its max with the right head porting, cam and short runner intake with E85 fuel will make 700.

I think my engine will gain 60hp if I switch manifolds and run E85. That would put me at 675hp to the wheel and probably 135-138 trap speeds. Car turns 130 in the quarter already.

Users who are viewing this thread