Vortech Pipe Problem

CamCobra10

Established Member
Does anyone know which pipe to buy that will fix my problem, got the piping that came with the vortech kit and i'm sure this is the reason why i am only able to get 12 psi on my old strim with a 2.7 and now my ysi with a 3.0...not sure if i have to change the entire piping or just the elbow that i am pointing to in the picture...it's the smallest pipe on my entire setup and it goes into a curve so that definitely doesn't help :fm:

VortechPipe_zpscde9159d.jpg

mystical

Established Member
Why does it curve into the fender? Most setups have that piece connected directly to the blower.

96vertsnake

Established Member
its not that pipe. My guess is your intercooler is too small. Can you tap into the piping right before and right after the coole and get a boost gauge reading.

I'm speaking from experience here. I couldn't get more than 11-12 psi with my YSI. I had to go to bigger intercooler.

it's intercooled....i have a friend that's a welder, but just talked to another guy on the forum and he said he's running the same setup with 21psi, check the BOV, is this it, never fooled with it before, had my old mechanic install it years and years ago....

http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u456/cam50gt/BOV_zpsee7826c0.jpg

CamCobra10

Established Member
its not that pipe. My guess is your intercooler is too small. Can you tap into the piping right before and right after the coole and get a boost gauge reading.

I'm speaking from experience here. I couldn't get more than 11-12 psi with my YSI. I had to go to bigger intercooler.
Already had a test done on the rr intercoolerand it checked out great...I figured out the problem in another thread, its the bov, standard one from vortech rated at 12 psi max, i'm ordering the mondo race tomorrow....how do you like your livernois stroker? I'm doing the same stroker but having john t build the bottom end, we will have damn near the same setup

96vertsnake

Established Member
Bulletproof! Motor has been great. Multiple configurations with blowers and nitrous with multiple dyno runs and still running strong. Motor was built in 2007.

I have the motor out right now cleaning up and repainting the engine bay and switchng to a dual disc clutch with 6 speed. I'm installing an innovators west 10% overdrive dampner instead of the 18% overdrive I had on last year. I also am adding a custom intake. Once I get the ysi and motor tweaked I'm going to add a "little bit" of nos.

Already had a test done on the rr intercoolerand it checked out great...I figured out the problem in another thread, its the bov, standard one from vortech rated at 12 psi max, i'm ordering the mondo race tomorrow....how do you like your livernois stroker? I'm doing the same stroker but having john t build the bottom end, we will have damn near the same setup

CamCobra10

Established Member
how many miles have you put on it... just saw your video it looks strong, i'm going with the 04 cobra heads, why did you stick with the b heads

96vertsnake

Established Member
I stuck with the B heads for two reasons. First, I wasn't following the mustang scene at the time and never considered the lack of availability of intakes for the B heads. Second, it always comes down to money. I hydrolocked the moter so ot wasnt a planned rebuild so having to build the motor and change the heads and intake(especially in 2007) drove the price way up. However, I've always run a centri supercharger and the B heads flow better with the right setup.

I honestly dont know how many miles I have on the motor. I'd estimate less than 30,000. It's not my daily driver, but when I drive it, I drive it hard.

Users who are viewing this thread