Vortech or paxton

erick stangup

Established Member
I have been researching about superchargers gor my 2011 mustang for about 3months now and im almost ready to make my decision. Which of the two is better and why?

Joey8

Established Member
If you're dead nuts set on either one of these it depends on your goals. Paxton has the potential to make 1000hp. If your looking for a mild build a vortech is good for like 800 or so. I;m sure guys will chime in that no more about these but thats the biggest difference that i no of.

5PNTSLW

Back on the Saddle
Established Member
vortech will be more efficient in the 600-700 range while the paxton will support more power and me more efficient above that. Rest of the kit is the same

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Yes,

the kit is 100% identiacal other than the head unit. It really depends on your goals and how far you plan on pushing. The v3 has been 9.6's in a couple of cars, so it is an efficient unit.

The Paxton will run a little cooler at the 750+ range as it is a larger compressor. Has near 900+ rwhp potential

Let me know if we can help you at all. I have stocking Paxton kits due in the next few days.

BV600

Established Member
The si flows less than a p1 and people are skeptical a out them making 800 so id like to see a si make 800. It seems like only vendors have been making 1000 with the 2200. I say dont waste your time on the small si blower and go with the 2200.

Users who are viewing this thread