Vortech noob! Need help!

Sublimize23

Established Member
Hey guys,
I have the opportunity to pick up a Vortech V1 (s-trim I think) with extremely low miles (less than 1000, was on a strip car) with injectors, belt, crank pulley, etc for $1000 from a friend. I gave him a $100 deposit and said I'd think about it. Is this a good deal? 2nd, will it even work on my 4.6? I know I'd need new brackets and injectors and pipes and all that good stuff, what specifically will I need to make it work on my car? Tell me everything. I want to run low boost because I really don't have the funds to go built. I know there are stock internaled 4.6's running around with Vortechs on. Tell me everything I need to know, because I'm really excited about it!

Sublimize23

Established Member
It's off a 302 or a 351. I have 302/351 injectors, tensioners and stuff. All I got was the blower unit itself, a pipe (for the 302), belt, crank pulley, bracket, and some other stuff for the 302.

TT91

So Slow
Established Member
ok, what type of engine do you have? SBFs use a differect rotation blower then modulars do, so u unless u have a SBF under your hood, get your 100 bucks back.

Socom688

Cobra > All other cars..
Established Member
I have a v1 s trim full kit with 42 inj and fuel pump for a 02 mustang gt for 2300.00....

I would suggest getting your money back and buying from this guy. There are SOOO many parts you will need to get if that's all you are going to be getting. The individual parts list will exceed the cost of a new one, or get close to it. Unless you can custom fabricate things that require machining, or can do so for very cheap, I would suggest looking somewhere else. I bought my vortech kit used, and it was about 60-70% complete when I bought it, but I ended up spending at least another $1,300 in parts that were missing, and that was from an almost complete kit specifically for my car.

Sublimize23

Established Member
I thought this would happen... So it won't work with my car? I'll get rid of it. Thanks guys. I don't know if I'll have the funds to afford another one, so I'll have to let you know on that.

Last edited:

96_slow4.6

my car is really slow
Established Member
if he's your friend then say its not going to work with my car. give him the reasons stated above and ask for your $100 back and give him the stuff back?

Sublimize23

Established Member
Yeah, I am. I already talked to him about it, so I'll be getting my money back and he'll be getting the blower back. I wish it would have worked out :(

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
that head unit will not ever work. none of the other parts will work either. Go on ebay and buy you a used s-trim like I did. theylle cost you about $6-800 for one. then go to superchargersonline.com and search throught their accessories and youll find all the parts sold seperately for good prices. I got my whole kit off there and bought fuel/tuning mods off ebay and here. ended up spending about $2k to get it done and tuned.

Users who are viewing this thread