Vortech Mondo discharge problem

ravage

The Prick's on the Inside
Established Member
Finishing up my fox throttle conversion on my SN and I encountered a problem with the Vortech Mondo discharge tube. The tube seems to be too long and would overlap the volute for it to line up with throttle body. Doesn't seem right to me but is that the way it's suppose to be? I plan on triming 1 1/4" unless someone has a better idea or a solution. Any input or past experiences would be appreciated.

img1525fr.jpg

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Well is that mondo for a fox, or a SN? Either way, you may have a fox throttle body, but unless you have all the fox body front bracketry, then a fox mondo won't bolt up 100% correct. Looks like you're going to have to trim it down as you already suggested.

ravage

The Prick's on the Inside
Established Member
Well is that mondo for a fox, or a SN? Either way, you may have a fox throttle body, but unless you have all the fox body front bracketry, then a fox mondo won't bolt up 100% correct. Looks like you're going to have to trim it down as you already suggested.

It is for a fox but didn't think the brackets were that different. Nobody has made any mention of this when doing the fox throttle conversion. Figured all 302s were pretty much the same. Guess I'll be cutting.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
It is for a fox but didn't think the brackets were that different. Nobody has made any mention of this when doing the fox throttle conversion. Figured all 302s were pretty much the same. Guess I'll be cutting.

Well it looks like your blower outlet is about even with the valve cover. I went through my pics and while this pic is about 5 years old, it shows decently that with a fox, its set back an inch or so from the valve cover.

16galmw.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread