vortech installation

o0rikio0o

Established Member
so for those of you guys who did the entire installation yourselves, are there any recommendations for me? i'll be installing an e-trim shortly and would like to know any tips for me to do it quickly yet correctly. also, is the e-trim (which is an SQ) a sleeper kit? like, will anyone know i have an e-trim if they didnt see under my hood? theres no noise that would give it away, right?

George Wax

Established Member
I have had the Vortech E-trim on my 99 Cobra for some time now. The blower is pretty quiet at idle but has a nice whine at full boost nothing out of control. People will know you have a Vortech under the hood especially if your exhaust is not too loud. If you decide to add a power pipe like from Anderson Ford Motorsport the blower will get louder. The only drawback I have with this blower it makes the majority of it's boost on top of the RPM power band past six thousand RPM for sure. If I was to do this all over again I would have gone with an S-trim which generates boost faster down low and hits pretty good on the top end. Part of the problem I have is that is have the stock gears which is probably one of reason it takes awhile for the blower to generate noticable boost. The install is pretty straight forward just take your time tapping your oil pan and you will be fine. Congrats on the new found power and get a tune right afterwards to verify timing and air fuel ratios...:rockon:

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
Shit, you might be into 5th down the track!

Yep. Unless he plans on running the rpms above say 6800 or so (I don't have a calculator in front of me), he will be shifting into 5th at the line. My 4.10s with 554rwhp and 275/40/17 DRs put me at 6800 at the 1/4 mile traps. If I short shifted any of the gears, I would have to turn even more rpms in 4th at the line with stock height tires.

Users who are viewing this thread