Vortech End Of The Year Sale Includes Most Models.....Check It Out!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Blow Racing

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
vortech-most-models-sale.jpg

31Charlie

My freakin car is crushed
Established Member
On that mach 1 S/C, is the hood scoop still functional?

31C

Joe Blow Racing

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
31Charlie said:
On that mach 1 S/C, is the hood scoop still functional?

31C

The kit listed is for the non-functional unit. I know Vorech was developing an optional functioning hood scoop design. I'm not sure they have released it yet.

chip6990

Established Member
what type of power adder

Joe Blow Racing,

I am confused about the advantages of centrifical blowers. I am going to put my nitrous on top of what ever other power adder I get. One day I want a twin turbo, then a roots or screw type, then a centrifical. I dont like the heat that turbo's make(difference betweeen turbo and centrifical is 1 is exhaust gas driven and the other is belt driven) I know smaller turbo's spool faster(I want full boost by 3500 rpm) cause I like low rpm torque. In that instance I lean towards a roots or screw type for the "fun factor". The most boost I would want is 10-12 psi, and I am not sure if a centrifical co.uld produce that boost down low and pull towards 6000-6500 rpm's. The biggest reason I lean towards a centrifical blower is the price as opposed to a turbo kit or a screw type. Please, any advice or comments is greatly appreciated. I would not want to miss this savings.

P.S. My car is a 96 GT Mustang, 2000 motor, bullit intake, and comp cams. which kit would I need and which head unit would fit my needs the best
(v-2 sq trim or the v-1 s trim)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread