vortech crossover question

super98snake

super98snake
Established Member
so i got my car running and it keep on overheating after about 15min i have a new waterpump and t stat but my issue is getting the air out of the system and with the vortech crossover it sits higher than the resivior itself so all the air has to be burped out of the crossover?
what have you done to make this all work

pacific4v

Established Member
Yea, just like the stock crossover, you have to take that plug out to burp the air out. If its hard to get the air out you can jack the front of the car up and try it that way.

super98snake

super98snake
Established Member
thats what i have been trying with the cap on the resivior and i must have a huge airpocket b.c. my t stat isnt opening up and my temp guage stays in the middle for about 15 min then takes 20sec to rise up to overheating

01SN8K

In Hawaii
Established Member
So you still cant get the air out with the car on jacks stands, and the crossover plug off? Cobras can take a few tries to get the air out.

super98snake

super98snake
Established Member
right but i havent had the whole front of the car off the ground ive just had one side of the other jacked up and ive tried for 2 days on and off to try and get it and i have a funnel in the plug filled with coolant and its just being a b

01SN8K

In Hawaii
Established Member
Oh, I see. Might need to borrow jack stands or another jack to get the front straight up off the ground. Only doing one side or the other might be hurting your efforts. The air would still have a spot to sit and not be burped out.

Users who are viewing this thread