Vortech bypass to JPC Tial Q 50 mm

achamb7

Established Member
Those who made this swap, how big a difference in sound in person? I've watched the videos and there is a very noticeable increase in volume, is it that big an increase in person? How difficult to install? Got the elbow and block off plate.

achamb7

Established Member
How hard to install? I didn't install my Vortech, and I can't find any install instructions online. The bypass has to be removed for the block off plate, correct? Which pipe does the elbow replace?

92fiveohfox

Established Member
How hard to install? I didn't install my Vortech, and I can't find any install instructions online. The bypass has to be removed for the block off plate, correct? Which pipe does the elbow replace?

It replaces one of the elbows on the pass side to the intercooler. You also have to put the block plate where the stock one was.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
The pipe itself is easy to install but the stock bov is in a tight location. I left my stock one in and ttted off the the vacumm lines to support both...it doesnt hurt to leave the stock 1 on to work with the tial. When i got the torque booster i removed my stock bov for a block off plate . I now have a tial bov and a tial wastegate!

Last edited:

2012csgt

Established Member
Way too loud. It was cool for about 8 minutes. I'm sure you have already, but you can remove the filter off the stock BOV, get a little louder.

jp1seattle

Established Member
Way too loud. It was cool for about 8 minutes. I'm sure you have already, but you can remove the filter off the stock BOV, get a little louder.

Did you switch back to the stock bov? I have the Tial and it is borderline too much for me. Definitely enough to have me considering putting on the stock one.

I've got the Tial installed in the stock location too so it should even be quieter than at the bottom.

fulanititoo8198

Established Member
I agree it is too loud I blocked my stock one off. The JPC setup hangs pretty low and the pipe scrapes sometimes on a lowered car.

Users who are viewing this thread