Vortech bypass/BOV Setups

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
Looking to put an aftermarket or other then stock bypass for my s trim, but looking to see pics of ppls setups for blow off valves with vortechs

skidad62

Established Member
Here's my Vortech Maxflow blow off valve set up (was later modified slightly to angle the discharge toward the blower where it enters the PowerPipe - rather than the 90* in this pic).

Vortechblowoffvalve009.jpg

Vortechblowoffvalve006.jpg

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
Thanks guys, all those setups look awsome. -m thinking about getting a Tial BOV because my friend can get me a good deal on one. How do you guys like the actual Vortech valves?

Bluebullit

Established Member
^^ lol we should check and see if it leaks on mine since i never really did check it like you did. we can swap out since your blow thru now and ill put the black one back on

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
this should work right?? Vortech Mondo Race

l_40383b1e4b884ec0a9cf6eae8f08f746.jpg

I'm running this VTA. It's loud as hell, but the big red procharger valves seem to be even louder. I pulled it off my car to reclock it recently, this thing is massive.

rockthemullet

Established Member
now that is a badass setup... how much boost are you running..?

I was running 10psi through an S-trim on my old setup with air to water. I saw 502/433 on 10psi at 6k rpm (old fuel system couldn't keep up). Only other power mod was full exhaust.

I plan on pullying to 16psi and gating it around 10psi but I'll be able to fiddle with that to get the numbers I'm looking for. I should see full boost around 4k (instead of redline) and numbers in the 500/480 range. I'm still on the stock short so I'm trying to play it safe. When it pops, I'll build the short and run the full 16psi until I can pick up a bigger blower and do the same thing all over again (i.e. pullying to ~22 and gating to ~16).

Its really just a fun project, not many people have gone this route. Another reason I'm doing this now is because if I ever decide to go turbo, all I will have to do is relocate the wastegate to the manifold and block the flange on the intercooler piping.

~Eric

Last edited:

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
Ok, so now that everyone has made me want to change my mind and buy a Vortech Maxflow BOV. Does anyone have one for sale? I found a place that sells the polished one for like 250 but if anyone has one there no longer using, im ready to purchase

101blur

Established Member
I was running 10psi through an S-trim on my old setup with air to water. I saw 502/433 on 10psi at 6k rpm (old fuel system couldn't keep up). Only other power mod was full exhaust.

I plan on pullying to 16psi and gating it around 10psi but I'll be able to fiddle with that to get the numbers I'm looking for. I should see full boost around 4k (instead of redline) and numbers in the 500/480 range. I'm still on the stock short so I'm trying to play it safe. When it pops, I'll build the short and run the full 16psi until I can pick up a bigger blower and do the same thing all over again (i.e. pullying to ~22 and gating to ~16).

Its really just a fun project, not many people have gone this route. Another reason I'm doing this now is because if I ever decide to go turbo, all I will have to do is relocate the wastegate to the manifold and block the flange on the intercooler piping.

~Eric

man you beat me to it.. this was going to be my setup basically.. but on a 97 cobra.. dang.. since my marriage i cant afford to finish shit beside lack of time too .. LOL anyways I would love to see a dyno graph when you done to see when you hit full boost with that wastegate mounted up.. goos build and very clean love it bro... :rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::burnout:

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
Here is my blow thru setup. Its for sale right now, brand new never installed. Its 3.5" tubing, 05+ HPX MAF w/ wiring conversion for pre 05 cars. Bung welded in for the BOV. Have a turbo XS BOV too.

Blowthrukit2.gif

Blowthrukit.gif

Blowthrukit3.gif

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
Ok, so now that everyone has made me want to change my mind and buy a Vortech Maxflow BOV. Does anyone have one for sale? I found a place that sells the polished one for like 250 but if anyone has one there no longer using, im ready to purchase

superchargersonline.com has the best pricing i have seen for them..

rockthemullet

Established Member
man you beat me to it.. this was going to be my setup basically.. but on a 97 cobra.. dang.. since my marriage i cant afford to finish shit beside lack of time too .. LOL anyways I would love to see a dyno graph when you done to see when you hit full boost with that wastegate mounted up.. goos build and very clean love it bro... :rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::burnout:

Haha, thanks a lot. We'll see where it goes. I'm worried I spent a lot of time and money for nothing. I guess we'll see when that paper prints out in a few months. Until then its a garage ornament. :nonono:

~Eric

Users who are viewing this thread