Vortech blow through help

96GT/SC

Ford Fan
Established Member
So I have a Vortech V2 S trim blower and run a blow through style (if Im off the throttle the Bov is open). Im not to fond of how it sounds like a flushing toilet all the time, especially when Im trying to cruise through a quiet parking lot. I was wondering if anyone has run a dual port Bov that recirculates and vents to atmosphere. In theory it would vent to atmosphere when coming out of hard throttle and recirculate when cruising/idle right? Currently running a Tial Q. Thanks.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Currently running a Tial Q. Thanks.

What bov do u have now?

I haven't heard of anything like that. I don't see a need for it really. Most either vent to atmosphere or recirculate it. If it's too loud then you can swap to a recirculating style and either put a filter on it to muffle it or connect it back to the intake.

BADD281

Because Race Car
Established Member
If you can get your hands on a used Tial Alpha Q it will fix your problem. It is the only atmospheric bov I have come across that is damn near silent compared to any Tial Q or Big Red Race valve when cruising and then loud when shifting out of boost. I was running this for a while but recently sold my entire kit.

96GT/SC

Ford Fan
Established Member
If you can get your hands on a used Tial Alpha Q it will fix your problem. It is the only atmospheric bov I have come across that is damn near silent compared to any Tial Q or Big Red Race valve when cruising and then loud when shifting out of boost. I was running this for a while but recently sold my entire kit.

Oh really! Thanks man Ill look into one of those.

crazycarlo

Established Member
Where do you have the BOV mounted? I know what you mean about it being loud. I had my V1 setup this way but with a Turbo XS RFL and it was insane but I liked it. It suprised ALOT of people haha.

96GT/SC

Ford Fan
Established Member
Where do you have the BOV mounted? I know what you mean about it being loud. I had my V1 setup this way but with a Turbo XS RFL and it was insane but I liked it. It suprised ALOT of people haha.

Its mounted after the blower before the intercooler. I liked it at first but it got old fast lol.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread