Vortech-ATI

todd4168

Established Member
Why does it seem the ls1 crowd is more ati and ford is vortech? Also why would anyone lose the factory setup for a procharger on a 03-04 cobra? Sorry if dumb questions it just seems everyone in the ls1 group wants a roots style blower and it confuses me seing someone take a 03 -04 cobra and put a centrifucal on it. Thanks for any responses. :shrug:

5.4 speedster

Banned
well it's all about where you want your power. ls based motors pull like a freight train up top.

As far as the o3/04 cobras go most owners like the positive displacement blower which help the little 281 produce much needed torque. If I had a 03/04 I would go with a centrifugal blower and gear the hell out of the car to get back some torque.

todd4168

Established Member
It means that I understand better now, I am reffering to myself as being blind. It is a 200 year old saying I am sorry for confusing you. It was not a put down by no means. I really appreciate your help. :beer:

5.4 speedster

Banned
my bad.lol

it's just my opinion, but most 03/04 guys like the low-mid range punch.
When I was selecting a blower for my 95 331 the deciding factor was traction. I run 373 gears and n/a i was having problems already. A pd blower would of only made it worse.

thats why i went with the novi 2000.

5.4 speedster

Banned
yes I am running a intercooler sourced from the supra guys.
i have a h/c/i car and was running 11psi which gave me 470@ the wheels.
i destroyed the stock block though and right now I am saving for a aftermarket block
(dart or R302)
i will be pushing 15+ psi

todd4168

Established Member
damn and I thought only gm had weak mtrs factory. I put down 498 hp and 501 tq with stock heads and 10 psi, stock cam, stock everything. Gotta love the ls1.

viperbluelx

Sexton's Performance
Established Member
An 03-04 Cobra with a properly setup Procharger will SMOKE the KB and Whipple cars in the 1/4 mile. That's why someone would do it.

Users who are viewing this thread