vortech after cooler doesnt fit!!!

chromeyellow98

Established Member
well i have been working on installing water/air on my car for three weeks on and off....and on the last day when i think im gonna finish....there is no way the vortech kit for (98 cobra) will fit on my car w/ paxton novi 2000. i knew i was going to have to get a hump coupling with an agle but i mocked it all up and the tubing was facing right into my coil pack about 35 degrees away from the supercharger. so i am basically DIW (dead in the water) now and im pissed, hope all you guys' weekend projects go well!

any advise from some one who has had a similar problem?
or i may stick w/ alot of water meth...

mcaligiuri

Established Member
when you buy the kit from vortech you have to clock the supercharger to get the right angle, look up in the manuals, you might be able to do it with a paxton

chromeyellow98

Established Member
yes i know that... it still wont match up with the sc because the tube that should connect to the sc point 35 degrees toward the back of the car (right to the coilpack)

chromeyellow98

Established Member
i put it back on to see what the problem is and i am taking pics, i will post asap but i am at work and dont think i can get them into the system. i could probably rig it w/ some flexible hose but...

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Here are the pics, from the looks of it, the aftercooler pipe is in the wrong location
novi.jpg
[/IMG]
novi1.jpg
[/IMG]

HERE IS WHAT MINE LOOKS LIKE

DSCN0169-1.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCN0168-1.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCN0174-1.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCN0222.jpg
[/IMG]

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Unless that bottom pipe can be clocked downwards more I don't really see how it'll fit.. :( Sorry bro

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Yes mine is a anderson p.p. It's not in the way at all actually.. I got ur email.. i'm not sure why yours sits to high and mine is down low.. That might actually be the correct powercooler but it just sits really high and that's why it's not fitting..

Users who are viewing this thread