Vortech 5.0 vs D1sc SRT Magnum

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Total stock sleeper look on the 5.0, I like it, love the black Vortech too! How the hell do you hook up with the stock tire package out back?

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Total stock sleeper look on the 5.0, I like it, love the black Vortech too! How the hell do you hook up with the stock tire package out back?

Surprisingly the stock 235's hook pretty well if there warm(from a roll). There is a very fine line between to cold and to warm.

Tx5.0

Established Member
It's funny you mentioned sleeper... While on the interstate in Texas an old 95-00 Camaro comes on the on-ramp and revs his engine at me. I accepted his challenge and dropped into 3rd, now this guy had some work done to the car and I guess me looking stock he though he could get an easy win. I let him get the jump so I could let him hear the GT500's mufflers as I walked away from him. I have a smiling nod and went on my way. My car isn't the fastest on the road but he choose the wrong Mustang that day haha.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
It's funny you mentioned sleeper... While on the interstate in Texas an old 95-00 Camaro comes on the on-ramp and revs his engine at me. I accepted his challenge and dropped into 3rd, now this guy had some work done to the car and I guess me looking stock he though he could get an easy win. I let him get the jump so I could let him hear the GT500's mufflers as I walked away from him. I have a smiling nod and went on my way. My car isn't the fastest on the road but he choose the wrong Mustang that day haha.

I think you mean 93-97-(LT1) ..... 98-02 (LS1) is the updated 4th gen body style. Anyhow, strong running car and def sleeper status. Nice runs:beer:

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
great video bud. Definitely put some time in to making it. 5.0 FTW!!!

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
So why did it "have" to be an LT1 and not an LS1?

The op stated 95-00. While the 4th Gen went from 93-02, the body style changed slightly in 98. So if you know your Camaro's you'd know that the 93-97 has recessed headlights and the LT1 (if it's stock) and the 98-02 has flush headlights and the LS1 (stock).... not sure if this is the answer you were looking for but I don't know how else to explain it.:shrug:

You could always try Google, Wikipedia, LS1Tech, GM's website etc etc if you are still confused.

Last edited:

Tx5.0

Established Member
Sorry for the confusion, I don't know that much about the older camaros so I guessed on the year.

Tx5.0

Established Member
I do have a small clip of that camaro and a lightning since I pulled out the gopro and tried to get more footage if you want to see what type it was. I ran a 12.2 yeah not the best times, but hey I was beating an Audi R8 and 10-12 GT500 on slicks so I was happy on that haha.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread