Vorshlag's custom fit 18x11 Forgestar package- any thoughts?

MRGTX

Established Member
I spoke with one of the very friendly/patient/knowledgeable reps at Vorshlag about this package and it sounds fantastic...they have successfully run 18x11 and 315s all around on a dropped car without clearance issues, presumably thanks to the custom offsets that they worked out.
Is anyone running this setup? What are you running? How does the car handle with the big rubber all the way around?

Any thoughts from those who aren't running them?

I'm very tempted but so far, I can't find a tire that I like.

Custom fit 18x11 set of Forgestar F14s - Vorshlag LLC

todcp

Established Member
I am running F14 18x10.
But the 18x11 Wheelset, from Vorschalg, is the widest fitment with a stock car. Note that the front and rear wheels have unique offsets so rotating wheels and tires is not possible. So square tire setup but without the advantage of rotating for wear.
If you want widest and still to be able to rotate then go with the 38 offset 10.5. Need a 5mm spacer up front with this setup. Vorschlag also sells these Enkei PF01's. As does Sam Strano.

chao5.0

Established Member
I am running F14 18x10.
But the 18x11 Wheelset, from Vorschalg, is the widest fitment with a stock car. Note that the front and rear wheels have unique offsets so rotating wheels and tires is not possible. So square tire setup but without the advantage of rotating for wear.
If you want widest and still to be able to rotate then go with the 38 offset 10.5. Need a 5mm spacer up front with this setup. Vorschlag also sells these Enkei PF01's. As does Sam Strano.

^this

I would do a 18x10 or 18x10.5 for the street just to be able to rotate and use a 295 or 305 series tire. on the street with a DOT compound you won't notice anything really in terms of handling loss. now for the track go with the widest available setup you can get because the S197 cars benefit greatly from more tire, especially if its a R compound tire. these cars are just so heavy that every extra bit of tire width helps and I think Vorshlag was running 315's on there car, and maybe a 335 with the flared arches when they went to a DOT tire for certain competitions.

MRGTX

Established Member
Ok... so 10.5" wide with 38mm offset, 5mm spacer up front...would allow you to run 305 tires and would be the optimal "rotatable" setup?

Any links to 305/35/18 street legal tires? Tirerack has squat.

chao5.0

Established Member
I haven't found any 305 35 18 tires either, the best I've found is the 295 35 18 or a 315 35 18 from Nitto in their NT01 tire.

modernbeat

Jason at Vorshlag
Established Member
I was going to chime in and tell you that there are very few 305 street tires, which makes the 10.5" wheel not as useful.

There aren't any of the popular 315 tires available today, as most were sold out around Christmas, but I expect a few models to be back in production and available as the racing season starts up again. As an alternative, the Falken 615 is available, though it's at least one generation behind tires like the BFG Rival.

If you can't find anyone that's running the 11" wheels here, I know that a lot of folks on the S197Forum are running them. Ask in the Corner Carvers' section over there.

Users who are viewing this thread