Volkswagen Owners, quick question

9T5SVT

Established Member
I just have a quick question, sorry that it's not mustang related. I just recently bought a 2007 Jetta (to replace my 03 Cobra, for now) and I'm looking for a Volkswagen Jetta website that's set up like this one. I can't find anything out there and I just want to find a nice site that has info about performance upgrades and just general info about Jetta's that I might have. Since I'm not going to be getting another Cobra for awhile, I thought I might look into maybe putting a couple fo parts on the Jettta. So any help on this would be great thanks.

Steven

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
Oh man. That VW is going to spend more time in the shop than on the road. Not trying to be a weiner head but I know from exp.

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
Mine caught on fire about 6 months ago while driving. That will be the last VW I own. Try Vortex...a lot of kids on there though.

Last edited:

rust0r

Established Member
as someone said, www.vwvortex.com is probably about the main one, its to VW what svtp is to cobras, won't find a better resource out there really, as someone stated alot of kids, but also a lot of DIY guides, some very cool shit on there if you've never been brave enough to thinker with your car before, those will give you the added courage to mess with it!

btw: if it's diesel you might want to head over to www.tdiclub.com for anything diesel related, vwvortex seems to be geared more towards the gas versions IMO

Last edited:

9T5SVT

Established Member
No, it's not a diesel, couldn't afford that one. Have you guys really had a lot of problems with you VW's? Have you had problems with the new body style or the old ones? I really like the one I have, it's got the enhanced ground effects package on it. It has the euro styling, a lip spoiler and the rims are painted and match the color of the car, which is almost the same as the DSG Cobra, looks pretty sharp. My only complaint is when you start the car for the first time every day, it idles at over 1,000rpm for about a min or so then it calmes itself down. And I kinda wish I would have drive the turbo model just to do a comparison. We also owned a 03 Jetta Wolfsburg with the 1.8T and absolutley loved the car, never had a problem with it. I'll get on the site you guys reccomended and hopefully there's not too many kids on there!! Thanks

Steven

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
Before:
jettaqp8.png

l5d5998758533a6502f2ea5gb5.jpg

6301416fullra2.jpg

6301413fullsk9.jpg

After fire + scraped a wall trying to pull off interstate and ended up in a ditch
img0153ku4.jpg

img0154zm4.jpg

img0152qg9.jpg

img0151bf6.jpg

Insurance never told me what exactly started the fire except electrical but it wasn't from any mods. Engine all the sudden sounded different and smoke started pouring out with warnings flashing from the dash. Car had less than 45,000 miles on it and was pristeen before the acident. It was a fun car though and with the coilovers I was amazed how well it handled for a sedan.

Last edited:

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
My friend's Passat threw a piston out the side of the block last Tuesday. It had 46,000 miles. Good luck, man.

rust0r

Established Member
No, it's not a diesel, couldn't afford that one. Have you guys really had a lot of problems with you VW's? Have you had problems with the new body style or the old ones? I really like the one I have, it's got the enhanced ground effects package on it. It has the euro styling, a lip spoiler and the rims are painted and match the color of the car, which is almost the same as the DSG Cobra, looks pretty sharp. My only complaint is when you start the car for the first time every day, it idles at over 1,000rpm for about a min or so then it calmes itself down. And I kinda wish I would have drive the turbo model just to do a comparison. We also owned a 03 Jetta Wolfsburg with the 1.8T and absolutley loved the car, never had a problem with it. I'll get on the site you guys reccomended and hopefully there's not too many kids on there!! Thanks

Steven

Just wondering based on your description of the package, did you by chance get the GLI ? Seems like people either have tons of problems or no problems at all, I have seen a few instances of modded ones burning to the ground. My 03 Jetta 1.8t with 40K miles and no problems thus far, car runs beautifully (knock on wood). Heated seats in the winter FTW! :beer:

9T5SVT

Established Member
No, I didn't opt for the GLI. I liked the way my Jetta looks compared to the GLI. Yeah, the heated seats are awsome. I'll have to post some pictures of my car and you can tell me if it looks better than the GLI. I hope I'm not one those that have a ton of problems. My friend has a 04 GLI and he's had no problems with it. I guess I should do some more research because I've never heard of all these problems with the Jetta's.

PHILLYSVT,
Sorry about your car, it was a nice one. At least you were able to get off the highway and it didn't burn to the ground... I guess I'll have to see how it goes with mine, but there are no plans to get rid of it. If anything I'd like to do a few things with it until I get another Cobra. You ever go to Reading PA to the Fun Ford Weekend at Maple Grove? I haven't been in a couple of years, but I paln on attending in 2008, but I'll have to borrow my daddy's 2000 Lightning............8)

Users who are viewing this thread