VMP vs WHIPPLE vs KB and WHY?

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
................and the BIG question is......Why would ANY 2013/14 GT500 owner ever replace their oem TVS with anything other than a TVS variant?? If the TVS and variants are the best blower, why would a 2013/14 owner ever do anything different?? Don't they have the best blower option factory installed? This is the blower that many 2007-2012 owners are turning to as the "Big Deal"..........Why are some/many 2013/14 owners who already have the TVS "upgrading" beyond a TVS? <<<Just asking?

Is it just a "best bang for the buck" thing?

R

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
One this is for sure, All of the above mentioned blowers will make enough power to blow your engine, and all are 1,000hp capable etc.

We believe that our TVS blowers provide the best driveability especially if the car is going to be street driven. We also believe that because we offer the full spectrum of parts, tuning, and customer service that we give customers the best all around experience they are looking for with their car.

Happy to discuss anything you want to talk about! Just give us a shout!

Thanks for the Input. I’m working with Matt from Performance Evolution. I’m sure if anything comes up regarding the build he will be in touch!

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
VMP Gen 3R hands down. I wish I waited, but the Gen 3 is good. For street its been great.

^^^^There is a "similar" test between the KB 3.6LC and the VMP TVS..........The picture in your link above immediately begs for a question.........What if that same big pulley on the Whipple was installed on the TVS, and the tiny pulley on the TVS were to be installed on the Whipple? Would the test results be the same? Of course not, pulley diameter is a HUGE deal with these cars and power, if it were not, no one would be installing smaller pulleys.

The TVS pulley in that linked picture appears to be abut the same diameter as the TVS S/C bearing housing.....WAYYYYY smaller than the Whipple and the 3.6LC KB that was side-by-side tested.

............and I am not saying that the KB's and Whipple's that were tested would support a tiny pulley as is on the VMP TVS test blower, but there are smaller pulleys for those larger blowers......

R

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
It seemed like the guys in the video were more interested in " noise " than hp, as he stated his new set-up makes a little less..

PM-Performance

Established Member
His videos lack a lot of tech know how. He is not dumb by any means, but his videos do not get real deep tech and explanations of things and actual data. Moreso a lot of fluff and buzzy hype stuff to get views.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
and here is the link to the Gen3R vs, the KB 3.6LC........

If I remember correctly, there was only 100HP (maybe a little more) difference between these two blowers installed on the same modded car..........BUT LOOK at the pulley difference between the two........The 3.6LC would be wayyyy out of its rpm range with a tiny pulley according to posts that were made by a KB rep. when discussing this "test", but I'm sure there are smaller pulleys for the 3.6LC than the one shown for the tests.

If you watch the video linked above, the two blowers are laying side-by-side on a shipping desk at one point to weigh their differences and it was when they were side-by-side that I said, "WAIT A MINUTE", look at those two pulleys!!! If the pulley diameter makes little to no difference, that Gen3R would not have a tiny pulley.......But we all know better, the pulley diameter makes all of the difference in the world.....

R

PM-Performance

Established Member
and here is the link to the Gen3R vs, the KB 3.6LC........

If I remember correctly, there was only 100HP (maybe a little more) difference between these two blowers installed on the same modded car..........BUT LOOK at the pulley difference between the two........The 3.6LC would be wayyyy out of its rpm range with a tiny pulley according to posts that were made by a KB rep. when discussing this "test", but I'm sure there are smaller pulleys for the 3.6LC than the one shown for the tests.

If you watch the video linked above, the two blowers are laying side-by-side on a shipping desk at one point to weigh their differences and it was when they were side-by-side that I said, "WAIT A MINUTE", look at those two pulleys!!! If the pulley diameter makes little to no difference, that Gen3R would not have a tiny pulley.......But we all know better, the pulley diameter makes all of the difference in the world.....

R

here is where KB wins the argument with flow testing. The fact that they can actually flow test and give data and not guess
It’s all about cfm right? Their blower can do the same cfm or more with a bigger pulley than a smaller TVS. These videos are kind of moot because none of these guys are even getting the KB into its efficiency range and letting it breathe.

I don’t drink the VMP koolaid. KB may go off on tech rants and piss people off, but it’s hard to argue with cold hard data. I respect that.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
here is where KB wins the argument with flow testing. The fact that they can actually flow test and give data and not guess
It’s all about cfm right? Their blower can do the same cfm or more with a bigger pulley than a smaller TVS. These videos are kind of moot because none of these guys are even getting the KB into its efficiency range and letting it breathe.

I don’t drink the VMP koolaid. KB may go off on tech rants and piss people off, but it’s hard to argue with cold hard data. I respect that.

................I think for most owners it is "bang for the buck"..................and then justifying their decision all over the internet.

KB definitely has the facility to fully test every option out there, and dismiss bogus claims while also giving the facts on why the claims are dismissed.

R

PM-Performance

Established Member
................I think for most owners it is "bang for the buck"..................and then justifying their decision all over the internet.

KB definitely has the facility to fully test every option out there, and dismiss bogus claims while also giving the facts on why the claims are dismissed.

R

I can say I do not agree with their choice of idiot front man on Youtube, but they got the tools and data to backup anything they put out as considered rhetoric on these forums and their site.
I can't say I argue with data. But all these guys swapping out the KB's aren't really pushing them hard. Its no different that the guys running bigger crazy turbos on street cars opposed to smaller framed turbos. Its all about CFM and how much steam you are putting through them.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I can say I do not agree with their choice of idiot front man on Youtube, but they got the tools and data to backup anything they put out as considered rhetoric on these forums and their site.
I can't say I argue with data. But all these guys swapping out the KB's aren't really pushing them hard. Its no different that the guys running bigger crazy turbos on street cars opposed to smaller framed turbos. Its all about CFM and how much steam you are putting through them.

^^^^^To add to this, the TVS (and variants) is a great blower for many owners, but just because that is what "they bought" (or could afford) does not mean that the KB's and Whipple's are suddenly inferior to "their" TVS. I laugh at some of the TVS stupidity (ignorance) that I read on these forums.

R

Users who are viewing this thread