VMP TVS Supporting Mods, Owners come on in

SVTmystic290

Established Member
Hey all, Im looking to go VMP TVS soon and I am wondering which supporting mods I should concentrate on collecting.

First off, my currect mods are in my sig, do I need to change anything, or just add on to what I have.

Also, I am looking for SAFE horsepower, Im not trying to break any records here, but Id like to be around the 600hp mark.

Id love to hear from some owners on what they have done and how its worked for them.

Thanks in advance!

Rich'sTRsvt

Established Member
If you are running pump gas the only thing you need is bigger injectors. It maybe a good time to upgrade your pumps or go return if you have the funds and then you'll be ready for future mods.

SVTmystic290

Established Member
Ok definatley planning on bigger Injectors. Does anyone feel like an upgraded H/E or Longtubes would be a good investment along with bigger pumps. Has anyone done this without upgraded pumps and just went with bigger Inj and BAP?

Bigc6428

Established Member
I went with the lethal budget return and 80s I also went with arh 17/8 x 3 long tubes check my recent posts for results as for the heat exchanger I found that for the same money as the tanks and heat exchanger you can buy a killer chiller I think it works better. And with the industrial 134a freon my ac blows colder than before!

Rich'sTRsvt

Established Member
Ok definatley planning on bigger Injectors. Does anyone feel like an upgraded H/E or Longtubes would be a good investment along with bigger pumps. Has anyone done this without upgraded pumps and just went with bigger Inj and BAP?

I am running just a BAP and 80lb injectors. It works for pump gas, but I would need a whole new setup if I wanted to go E85. H/E is a good investment, unless you plan on getting a killer chiller. Long tubes are also good, just depends on what your budget is.

SVTmystic290

Established Member
What kind of numbers are you all putting down without an upgraded fuel system? Id rather not have to do a hat and pumps if I dont have to right off the bat.

braindontstop31

Established Member
VMP has a fuel upgrade kit for $749 (60lb, 3000maf and BAP), they say it is all you need to support the TVS.
That is what I bought for mine, then I decided to upgrade the pumps to GT pumps with a modified FPDM in addition to all of that.
I have not installed any of this yet, just letting you the route I am going. Brian (POSI Performance) is putting
down about 750 rwhp and he says he has no issues at all staying returnless with a BAP, GT pumps and a modified FPDM.

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm still working on my fuel system, and installed the tvs a couple weeks ago. I decided to go with a fore return fuel system. Even though I'm only running pump gas and looking to be around 600hp.

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
If you can spare the cash I would make the jump to a budget return system and 63+lb injectors...then you can ditch that BAP and easily upgrade later if you so desire.

JRS03

Whipple FTW!!!!
Established Member
If you can.. Go with lethals budget return, dont wast your money on a BAP... 80s and a 2.8 pulley. I made 649 RWHP and 611 TQ. My dyno video is in my sig.

red beast

Banned
I'm dropping my car off today for a tvs install. I went with 63 lb injectors, accufab sbtb, sct 2600 div x fuel hat with aeromotive 340lph pumps (I'm staying returnless but with the hat I can upgrade later). I have long tubes but don't think I'm going to install this time around. I'm looking for 600 through a stalled auto.

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
That's not a bad setup red...should give you plenty of headroom. 600...possible...those stalled auto's do eat at the numbers quite a bit.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
I'm dropping my car off today for a tvs install. I went with 63 lb injectors, accufab sbtb, sct 2600 div x fuel hat with aeromotive 340lph pumps (I'm staying returnless but with the hat I can upgrade later). I have long tubes but don't think I'm going to install this time around. I'm looking for 600 through a stalled auto.

Nice!
Who is doing the install?

masterjr33

Established Member
my car currently is running on a set of GT pumps and modified FPDM.
I have a JLT HB 2 and a sct 2600 in the garage. my plan is to toss in some 60lbers and plumb the JLT HB2 on the car when i swap to a TVS. i wont leave the dyno with out a 600HP pull.
hopefully i will be using a SBTB also. maybee a HE down the road or bigger tank.

Users who are viewing this thread