Vmp tvs stage 1 vs stage 2

edmontonbigj

Established Member
Looking at these kits on late model, what's the difference? All I can see is the heat exchanger has dual fans on the stage 2. Is the vmp a lot better than the roush? Best place to buy the vmp from late model? How reliable does the engine remain under 8-9 psi boost? MT82's holding up decent with boosted engines?

2014Mustang5oh

Fast is never fast enough
Established Member
Lol you got a lot of questions. Difference is injectors, and heat exchanger I believe. Yes the VMP is better than roush. Flows better and smoother than roush. Your kit also comes with a tune from Justin. 8-9 of boost your engine will be fine. 12lbs is about your limit. I have a modified MT82 but mine is holding up great. MT82s dont hold up well to spirited shifted NA so probably not going to hold up well under boost. You cant go wrong with this kit. Definitely get the stage 2 at min. Stage 3 if you can afford the extra coin. I can personally promise you, you will love it. Everything is top notch, looks great and Justin and BJs customer service is the best I have seen.

Vert

Established Member
I have been running the stage 2 with 82mm pulley 10lbs of boost for almost year and I don't baby her at all. Too much fun.

5.0 Silverback

Established Member
Cheaper to buy it from VMP website or call BJ directly and work out a deal. There are discount codes out there. Just gotta be part of the super secret club...

2014Mustang5oh

Fast is never fast enough
Established Member
What did you do to modify your mt82? I live in Canada and the stage 2 would cost me over $9000 bucks with exchange from vmp. Best pulley the 85 or 82?

Welded forks, brass shift forks, better synchros and blocker rings. 82 will make 10lbs. Thats the highest I woulf go if you want power. 9k? Thats really high. I paid 8k for a stage 3 kit

pickles

Established Member
Welded forks, brass shift forks, better synchros and blocker rings. 82 will make 10lbs. Thats the highest I woulf go if you want power. 9k? Thats really high. I paid 8k for a stage 3 kit

dollar exchange..

Our canadian money is worthless right now

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
What did you do to modify your mt82? I live in Canada and the stage 2 would cost me over $9000 bucks with exchange from vmp. Best pulley the 85 or 82?

How far are you from Detroit Michigan and the Ambassador bridge? Alternative Auto Performance is not to far from there. He gets customers from Canada. He might be able to save you some money with a standard Roush kit. You don't need a triple bypas Heat exchanger or fans where your at.
I've been running the standard Roush TVS with a 82mm & 79mm pullies.

BrentnNC

Established Member

Just wondering who did your transmission?

Uncle Rusty

Established Member
I've never done transmission work but I was thinking of beefing up my mt82 in a similar way. I wonder how difficult it actually is once the tranny is off the car...

Users who are viewing this thread