VMP TVS people need some input

TERMIN8U!

Just a little 281ci motor
Established Member
My brother just picked up a 2011 5.0 and I just recently sold mine for a GT500. He loves the power from the GT500 so we were looking at Supercharger kits. I was trying to convince him to go whipple but also saw VMP makes a 2.3 TVS for a decent price. The Horse Power goals are between 550-600rwhp. I saw they have a stage 1 for around $5999 which they recommend a 8 or 10 pound pulley. What kind of numbers are you guys seeing and what other mods?
Thanks

sonic2003gt

Established Member
I do not have the VMP kit, but I do have a Roushcharger that was tuned by Justin at VMP. I am running an 82mm pulley, and JLT cold air. It put down 613 RWHP and 543 RWTQ through the factory headers and cats.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
I also run the 82mm pulley and JLT intake. I have an o/r x-pipe and I see 9-10psi with the VMP tune. Runs perfect and pulls like a freight train.

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
I have the Roush kit, 82mm, stock airbox and see 9 - 9-1/2lbs. Justin at VMP did my tune and I couldn't be happier.

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
Pump with a bottle of Torco Acellerator in the tank. My pump/torco tune has a little more timing than my pump tune.

yngrshr

Established Member
My brother just picked up a 2011 5.0 and I just recently sold mine for a GT500. He loves the power from the GT500 so we were looking at Supercharger kits. I was trying to convince him to go whipple but also saw VMP makes a 2.3 TVS for a decent price. The Horse Power goals are between 550-600rwhp. I saw they have a stage 1 for around $5999 which they recommend a 8 or 10 pound pulley. What kind of numbers are you guys seeing and what other mods?
Thanks

You'll hit right around 550 with the 82mm pulley and the stage 1 kit with no other mods.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
You want a cookie? ;o) What was your et?

My e.t. on that run wasn't good, like an 11.2, as I dogged hard out of the hole. But that wasn't the point.... Richard. Trap speed tells more about the power being made. I was just giving him an idea of what to expect with my set-up...

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
My e.t. on that run wasn't good, like an 11.2, as I dogged hard out of the hole. But that wasn't the point.... Richard. Trap speed tells more about the power being made. I was just giving him an idea of what to expect with my set-up...

I put a smiley after my comment to show that I was messing around. I'm John btw... :eek:)

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The VMP / Roush kits are a good buy if your not looking to go built engine, etc.. Very efficient. We can set you up with either.

Beef

Users who are viewing this thread