VMP TVS 3.0" Pulley on 91 octane?

MaxSimoneau

Established Member
Hi , I want to know if it would be safe to run a 3" Pulley on a VMP TVS with 91 octane ? We don't have higher octane where I live... on the VMP website it says that the 3" pulley makes 16-17 PSI.
What's your thought?

cj428mach

Established Member
17 psi is fine on 91. I've done it myself on both my whipple and TVS self tuning on 91.

I usually just threw a little torco in just to be safe but I also ran it with out too. I think torco has a chart telling how much to add to take 91 octane to 95. I'd cut that dosage in half which gave me 93.

Blueline

Established Member
The 3.0 upper pulley with stock lower pulley on mine made 18.8psi at the top of my run, according to my tuner. However, on my Aeroforce gauge, I usually see max boost of 16.6~ psi. I dont know if my tuners gauge is off or not, because I never make a pull past 5k rpm. I run 93 and still splash Torco just for added insurance. You should be good to go.

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
3" pulley I was hitting 18 psi. That on 92 was a little high for my liking. Then I added headers and boost dropped down to 17 psi.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
I personally think you will be fine. Just make sure to tell your tuner you are only running 91 octane. They will probably only run around 16 degrees of timing to ensure its safe. If you had 93 you could bump it up to 18 or so and pick up around 20 more horsepower :).

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
The 3.0 upper pulley with stock lower pulley on mine made 18.8psi at the top of my run, according to my tuner. However, on my Aeroforce gauge, I usually see max boost of 16.6~ psi. I dont know if my tuners gauge is off or not, because I never make a pull past 5k rpm. I run 93 and still splash Torco just for added insurance. You should be good to go.

You never pull past 5k????

Blueline

Established Member
You never pull past 5k????

Yup lol! My car goes out for weekend rides/cruises. I drive like an old lady, I ll give her a pull here or there, but only up to like 4500 rpm. I know Im a wuss lol. I get my adrenaline rush flying through the woods on my FE450 Husaberg. My Cobra is a spoiled baby.

Maxspeed04svt

Established Member
I don't think the aeroforce is accurate above 15 -16lbs unless you upgrade the sensor, can't remember the details but I would go by what your tuner said.

Users who are viewing this thread