VMP TVS 2.3 Gen 2 Dyno

mnetwork

Established Member
I bit the bullet and bought a TVS a few months back, dropped it off at Wicked Motorsports in NJ and just got it back last week. Wanted to post up my numbers because I saw numbers all over the place before purchasing. The car feels great and Kevin did a great job on the tune and install. There are three runs here. Black is stock Eaton, gray is the 2.8" pulley peaking out at 20.9 psi (93 with a can of Boostane) and a little extra timing, and red is on the 3.0" pulley with straight 93. This was done on his Dynocom eddy current dyno which seems to read a little lower than a DynoJet. My last dyno (same mods as under stock eaton) was on a DynoJet making 462/490. I originally bought the 2.8" thinking it would boost 1-2lb less from what I saw on the VMP site and on the forums, but that was not the case. Kevin said the boost that we were seeing on the 2.8" is common in our area/altitude. We went down to a 3.0" for straight pump and made the same power as the 2.8" made on low (14*) timing and then did a 93+additive tune on the 2.8". The car is a 100% stock motor with around 65k miles.

Stock Eaton Mods:
Unported Eaton with a 2.8" pulley (upper only)
BA2600 MAF
JLT True Cold Air Intake
Afco Dual Pass Heat Exchanger
Magnaflow Cat Back
BBK Off-road X-Pipe
Stock manifolds
Stock TB/Elbow

TVS Mods:
VMP TVS 2.3 Gen 2 w/ GT500 SBTB (kept EGR)
BA2600 MAF
JLT High Boost Cold Air Intake (using the JLT conversion kit)
Afco Dual Pass Heat Exchanger
Magnaflow Cat Back
BBK Off-road X-Pipe
Stock manifolds
Ford Racing 60lb Injectors
Improved Walbro GT Supercar Pumps in stock hat/lines with stock wiring and PPRV delete
Modified FPDM
Evenflow Head cooling mod
Reische 170 Degree Thermostat

IMG_20170527_083246.jpg

Last edited:

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Nice power congrats. Any plans to go return style? Bigger injectors? E85?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mnetwork

Established Member
I promised myself that if I wanted more power than this that I would sell and get a 13/14 GT500 or supercharged Coyote. More power and I have to redo the whole fuel system and really start thinking about an input shaft. I did GT pumps planning not to go past this. We'll see. I'm already finding myself wondering what 675-700whp would be like. This really did get me to love the car again. Eaton was getting very boring.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Awesome! Curious why you didn't do the install yourself? I had a blast doing it. Your also making quite a bit of boost with the 2.8, I figured you'd be at 20. I hit 18lbs on a 3".

mnetwork

Established Member
Awesome! Curious why you didn't do the install yourself? I had a blast doing it. Your also making quite a bit of boost with the 2.8, I figured you'd be at 20. I hit 18lbs on a 3".
I really just didn't have the time. I've done other things on this car myself, but I wanted it done and didn't feel like doing it haha. Yeah I was suprised with the boost level of the pulleys.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Those are great numbers. I bet it's not even the same car anymore. I have a 2.3 whipple in the garage that I'm going to try and install myself. I read somewhere is was a blast to do it ^^^^. Ha

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Those are great numbers. I bet it's not even the same car anymore. I have a 2.3 whipple in the garage that I'm going to try and install myself. I read somewhere is was a blast to do it ^^^^. Ha

It really is a fun install. Plus I'm very picky, so I cleaned other stuff a shop might not do. And I gave the vacuum lines a cleaner look. I'd recommend doing it, there's plenty of good write ups.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I agree with cleaning parts a shop might not. I'm pretty hardcore about cleaning when it comes to a car

mnetwork

Established Member
I agree with cleaning parts a shop might not. I'm pretty hardcore about cleaning when it comes to a car
Kevin cleaned the intake and the intercooler very well and made brackets to hold the solenoids on the driver's side. Everything I would do was done. Many shops would not go as far as they did.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Kevin cleaned the intake and the intercooler very well and made brackets to hold the solenoids on the driver's side. Everything I would do was done. Many shops would not go as far as they did.

That when you know you have a good shop, when they treat your car like its thier own. Very few and far in between. Shysters are everywhere

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
19.4lbs on straight 93 would make me a little nervous, but I assume he kept the timing low. Did he tell you what max timing is on the 2.8 tune?

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
Nice man! I just posted about mine that is 95% done. Almost the exact same mods and numbers as you. 3'' pulley. The only difference is I have a JLT RAI not the high boost.

mnetwork

Established Member
19.4lbs on straight 93 would make me a little nervous, but I assume he kept the timing low. Did he tell you what max timing is on the 2.8 tune?
That's only at the very very end, you can see it on the graph. He definitely is very careful when it comes to the tune, so if he's not worried I'm not worried. I have to ask again about timing.

Users who are viewing this thread