VMP tune on 12 auto

viperakron

Established Member
What a difference!!! I was ready sell my 12 auto after going to the track twice and only running a 13.06@108.
Got the 93 Perf tune from VMP. Back to the track tonight and went 12.37@113. Ran DRs both outings. Car runs great on the street. Auto is far more precise and firm shifting, even picked up some MPG.

viperakron

Established Member
Weather might of been a tenth better than before. But still way more than expected! If I can get it to sixty with some shorter tires should pick up even more. Sixty went from 2.02 to 1.94 but still no wheel speed.

grabber blue gt

Established Member
If he wouldve answered 1 of my 10+ emails, he may have gotten my business. I decided to go with AED for my auto and am very happy with it.

Glad to hear your liking your tune though and enjoying the car!!

DIB5.0

Established Member
Same here with my '11 auto and VMP tune. 12.98 stock and 12.22 with just a tune and Airaid CAI without insert removed.

viperakron

Established Member
Norwalk weds. No converter, want to keep the good driving manners. Shorter tire should help my 60s. and maybe X pipe. I just wanted to see what I can get out of it pretty much stock, then just drive it.

nicksender

Established Member
Norwalk is nice; not going to beat their track prep locally. With the shorter tire and cooler fall air coming you should be able to get into the 11's. This gives me hope if I end up getting an auto instead of a manual 5.0.

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
If he wouldve answered 1 of my 10+ emails, he may have gotten my business. I decided to go with AED for my auto and am very happy with it.

X2.
Difference is i got a tune after 3 weeks from em due to ordering during mustang week and got lean codes continually. Was told i needed to run the insert in my Airraid. Did so and codes went away, one thing that didnt was the 30 degrees of timing and uber rich AF.
I will say shifts were firm and precise.

gottoast

Established Member
Those of you who have taken your 2011 GT Auto to the track with a tune do you:

1. Put in sport mode,turn everything off, turn off traction control only etc?

2. What rpm do you launch at?

Thanks-
Khris

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
Those of you who have taken your 2011 GT Auto to the track with a tune do you:

1. Put in sport mode,turn everything off, turn off traction control only etc?

2. What rpm do you launch at?

Thanks-
Khris

All Off.

Leave off idle. Hold brake and stab throttle to flash the converter for best results

Unrealford

Established Member
All Off.

Leave off idle. Hold brake and stab throttle to flash the converter for best results

This technique is what worked best on my 04 auto Mach1.... 1.82 60fts.

Only problem is I had to learn to get better on reaction time, due to stabbing gas, then converter flashing, then moving,..

Last edited:

gottoast

Established Member
Just so I understand the flash the converter tech. as I just have been power braking...

Left foot on the brake give the gas pedal a good stab the last yellow on the tree lights put foot to the floor left of the brake at same time is that the gist of it?

Sorry if this is a noob question but new to drag racing an auto ....

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
Just so I understand the flash the converter tech. as I just have been power braking...

Left foot on the brake give the gas pedal a good stab the last yellow on the tree lights put foot to the floor left of the brake at same time is that the gist of it?

Sorry if this is a noob question but new to drag racing an auto ....

thats it.

I've used power braking a time or two but it tends to bypass the converter and your 60's can suffer from it.

Last edited:

davidhuff

Established Member
What a difference!!! I was ready sell my 12 auto after going to the track twice and only running a 13.06@108.
Got the 93 Perf tune from VMP. Back to the track tonight and went 12.37@113. Ran DRs both outings. Car runs great on the street. Auto is far more precise and firm shifting, even picked up some MPG.

Congrats,install a gear in that baby and go fast!

Last edited:

vortecd

Established Member

Before the tune, did you leave it in drive or did you shift it?

2012csgt

Established Member

I had a problem with Justin as well. I have a boss intake on my car and worried if he could make it shift at 7500 like it does with the BBR tune and he assured me he could. I expedited a tune from him and after 14 days and a couple failed tunes and no return calls or emails I had no choice but to get a refund. I heard a lot of good things about VMP, but don't believe the hype, the tune was flat, shifting was annoying, and he was unable to get it shifting any higher than 7100. BBR has these cars down pat making power. I won't try another tune period.

Users who are viewing this thread