VMP Tune and Cooling Fan Issue Question?

Crazy jok3r

Established Member
HI Everybody

I have been running a VMP tune little over a year, and my cooling fan has gone out 2 times. I'm on my 3 cooling fan, and I have noticed once my cooling fan kicks on it doesn't turn off until the car is off. I believe that my cooling fans are going out due to it constantly running.

My question is has anybody run into same issue, and could my tune be causing my cooling fan to stay on?

Thanks

fishpick

Established Member
If your VMP tune was a base tune - like no real mods but better performance on 91 and 93 octane - then I can tell you - yes - your fan will run more.
They set (at least in my basic tune on a 2012) the fan trigger temp to be 170. And it doesn't take much for coolant temps to hit that and once there - they stay above there. So the fan is almost always on.

That said - a constantly running fan is what they are designed to be - I don't think them running would cook them.

Crazy jok3r

Established Member
If your VMP tune was a base tune - like no real mods but better performance on 91 and 93 octane - then I can tell you - yes - your fan will run more.
They set (at least in my basic tune on a 2012) the fan trigger temp to be 170. And it doesn't take much for coolant temps to hit that and once there - they stay above there. So the fan is almost always on.

That said - a constantly running fan is what they are designed to be - I don't think them running would cook them.

Thanks for the input.

Users who are viewing this thread