VMP triple pass HE and 3X expansion tank install.

I8URZ28

gas mileage is overrated!
Established Member
well I am in the process of installing the VMP triple pass beast of a HE and 3X reservoir. So far it is pretty easy, the bumper was slightly unnerving but not too bad at all. I have called it quits today as I had some other stuff going on before I pick up tomorrow I have one question:

For those of you whom have done the VMP 3X expansion tank, Mine did not come with any hoses and I was wondering what you all did for the hose that runs from the expansion tank to the intercooler inlet (the hose that has a particular double s shape) Did you guys cut it to fit or did you all get a different hose? If so any particular hose?

Black Cobra '99

Established Member
I have the triple pass as well but I went with MORSO's expansion tank instead. If I remember correctly that hose went to the pump. I do remember that I needed extra hose so I got one and coupled it with the stock one.

I8URZ28

Established Member
I can reuse the stock one from the lower expansion tank outlet to the pump but the one that runs from the expansion tank to the intercooler inlet below the supercharger is the one that I am concerned with. It is a double S shape. The 3X expansion tank inlet is on an angle vs the stock tank so I dont know if it will work by cutting it.

Black Cobra '99

Established Member
I can reuse the stock one from the lower expansion tank outlet to the pump but the one that runs from the expansion tank to the intercooler inlet below the supercharger is the one that I am concerned with. It is a double S shape. The 3X expansion tank inlet is on an angle vs the stock tank so I dont know if it will work by cutting it.

Oh, I'm sorry, I see what you mean now.
For that I flipped it, so "in" is "out" and vice versa, and cut it until it fit. aside from the arrows pointing in the wrong direction it fits perfectly.
The cut was made on the tank side.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I had to get creative with my hose plumbing, but I was able to use all of the factory hose and the included extra foot. Though, you might want a few inches longer so the I/C pump is positioned without any pull on it.

I cut the hose from the inter-cooler out to reservoir hose to fit.

I8URZ28

Established Member
OK apparently i am missing a hose (though I do not think it will matter) with my triple pass kit All I have is a 1ft section of hose. There are multiple sets of instructions and I have gotten my wires crossed. i just had a birthday and must of become mentally challenged in my old age. Sooo for sanity sake this is the way the HE should be plumed yes:

Starting at reservoir it goes from the lower resevoir opening-->bottom of the pump opening---> out of the pump at the outlet that is marked with the directional arrow LOL---> into the driver side of the triple pass HE using the supplied 1ft section of hose---> through the HE--> out the passenger side--up the factory hose to the intercooler --> out of the intercooler back into the resavoir at the top port. I know it seems like a retarded question but I just want to make sure I got it right

RBB

Established Member
I also had to get some extra hose when I did mine. My kit came with the one foot piece like yours and that was it. Go get yourself some 3/4" heater hose and just cut it to fit. I also bought a 90 degree adapter to make one of the bends....didn't want the hose to kink. Also of note, on an 11-12 model you'll have to notch out a portion on the inside of the bumper to clear the heat exchanger's outlet.

Last edited:

I8URZ28

Established Member
I also had to get some extra hose when I did mine. My kit came with the one foot piece like yours and that was it. Go get yourself some 3/4" heater hose and just cut it to fit. I also bought a 90 degree adapter to make one of the bends....didn't want the hose to kink. Also of note, on an 11-12 model you'll have to notch out a portion on the inside of the bumper to clear the heat exchanger's outlet.

Thanks , I just went and bought all new hoses and recycled the 90 deg elbow. I also noticed that the outlet sits higher on this model I think I may have enough clearance but more than likely I will have to notch it (that sucks) Its all plummed up and I will wire it up tomorrow..appreciate the help

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
Best mod out there, after a pulley and tune. Endless power even in the summer! HUGE difference.

Users who are viewing this thread