Vmp gen 2 boost question

blwnblkgt

Established Member
Is anyone running a 3.3 upper stock lower in a vmp gen2 and what boost levels are you guys seeing , I'm running a 10:1 comp engine but because there's no e85 in my area I'm trying to get tuned for pump 93 octane right now I have a 3.2 pulley which is 15psi pulley which is to much for my set up

cj428mach

Established Member
a .1" should drop you 1lb. Me and a Friend are currently have 2, 3.55" custom Cobra TVS pulleys built from Southern Florida Pulley Headquarters. If you need less boost you might contact Terry and see if he can make you one. I just sent him my 2.8" pulley for making a template.

We're going to have these just in case we can't find e85 and have to switch back to 91 octane with a 4lb lowers.

NiceCobra

Established Member
I just got tuned and with a 3" pulley I saw a peak of 21.8lbs
Swapped to a 3.1" and peaked at 17.2

blwnblkgt

Established Member
Yea I wish in Panama City Florida had e85 back home in Cali I had a couple pumps of e85, I hope with 93 octane I could bring down the boost enough and run torco for insurance every tank

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I just got tuned and with a 3" pulley I saw a peak of 21.8lbs
Swapped to a 3.1" and peaked at 17.2

Your saying you lost 4.5lbs of boost by adding a .1" larger pulley on a 2.3 VMP TVS blower on a Terminator? That's definitely not right. I'm sure VMP would agree.

NiceCobra

Established Member
Yea it was about 35* the one day of tuning and 60* the next.
I originally got tuned else where and hit 21.8psi on his dyno and thought his gauge was messed up so i went else where and I was having the same issue on his dyno.

Last edited:

cj428mach

Established Member
Your saying you lost 4.5lbs of boost by adding a .1" larger pulley on a 2.3 VMP TVS blower on a Terminator? That's definitely not right. I'm sure VMP would agree.

I agree slowing the blower down 4% doesn't drop boost 21%. Cold air can make a big difference and I'm wondering if there isn't some belt slip or something.

NiceCobra

Established Member
There was no belt slip. It held boost through the whole Rpm range and peaked boost at the very top.
Idk I was very confused with hitting that much boost on a 3" pulley. My tuner said he did see that happen on one other terminator last year with a vmp too. But he ended up running torco instead of upping pulley size
There was another thread on here that a guys tuner told him he couldn't run the 3" pulley because he would be pushing 20psi with it and he ended up using a 3.3" pulley.

NiceCobra

Established Member
I can't find the thread but I was messaging him about it.
I just messaged him and asked how much boost he had with the 3.3"
We're both running o/r prochamber

cj428mach

Established Member
There was no belt slip. It held boost through the whole Rpm range and peaked boost at the very top.
Idk I was very confused with hitting that much boost on a 3" pulley. My tuner said he did see that happen on one other terminator last year with a vmp too. But he ended up running torco instead of upping pulley size
There was another thread on here that a guys tuner told him he couldn't run the 3" pulley because he would be pushing 20psi with it and he ended up using a 3.3" pulley.

My car does 21.5 psi with a 3.0" and 4lb lower.

Last edited:

funmoneypit

Established Member
Is anyone running a 3.3 upper stock lower in a vmp gen2 and what boost levels are you guys seeing , I'm running a 10:1 comp engine but because there's no e85 in my area I'm trying to get tuned for pump 93 octane right now I have a 3.2 pulley which is 15psi pulley which is to much for my set up
Just trade me your VMP for my Steggy ported and I will get you down a pound or two! Won't even charge you, straight up trade. I have e85 here too.

j/k Hope you get it figured out. One day I will have a VMP.

Users who are viewing this thread