VMP/FRPP 624 Whipple?

13BremboGT

Established Member
Looking for some feedback from guys that have used either.

I REALLY like the FRPP 624 kit. Looks factory...which I guess it basically is. I would also imagine that the tune is safest for the engine and drives like stock. My main concern is that it maintains the closed airbox and would have very little blower whine, which is something I LOVE!

Next option would be to get the FRPP 624 tuner kit and run an open element air cleaner with an aftermarket tune.

Next option would be the VMP TVS setup.

Pretty sure they all make PLENTY of power for a DD. I guess I just place more value on looking OEM and driveability than most other people do.

Your thoughts.......thanks guys.

alex12gt

Established Member
Vmp....the only diff between kits is the blower all the lines and actual manifold are the exact same

13BremboGT

Established Member
Vmp....the only diff between kits is the blower all the lines and actual manifold are the exact same

What about the overall driveability of the tune? Is it as good as the Ford tune? I've had cars with little gremlins in the tune before. They annoy the $H!T out of me, no matter how small they may be.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
What about the overall driveability of the tune? Is it as good as the Ford tune? I've had cars with little gremlins in the tune before. They annoy the $H!T out of me, no matter how small they may be.
Justin is an excellent tuner, and his tune is most likely going to be a better driveable tune than factory.

13BremboGT

Established Member
Justin is an excellent tuner, and his tune is most likely going to be a better driveable tune than factory.

Unless your worried about a warranty don't even bother with the ford tune

The more I think about this, the more I want the FRPP 624 kit with a JLT 127mm CAI and aftermarket tune. The whipple/TVS can make similar power, but I like the way the Whipple looks under the hood a bit better. JLT will take care of the blower whine......love that noise.

Last edited:

jayman33

I've ran the Whipple, my buddy runs the Roush TVS. There is a difference between the Whipple and the TVS. TVS hands down will make much more power than the Whipple especially in regards to torque and will cost much less. But the whine sounds cool.

13BremboGT

Established Member
never mind

I've ran the Whipple, my buddy runs the Roush TVS. There is a difference between the Whipple and the TVS. TVS hands down will make much more power than the Whipple especially in regards to torque and will cost much less. But the whine sounds cool.

That TVS kit ends up costing more. Does not include tuning. Is there really that much of a power difference? Guess is depends on what pulley you throw on either one.

alex12gt

Established Member
That TVS kit ends up costing more. Does not include tuning. Is there really that much of a power difference? Guess is depends on what pulley you throw on either one.

Depends all where you are buying it as well Justin's TVs also comes with a 275 elbow and port matched inlet and had the ability to create 18 psi

jayman33

Dude I could price you out a Roush kit that would make much more than the FRPP kit and cost less.

90sslx

Established Member
hey jay, your whipple made 607 rwhp on my car the way we installed it with my stock exhaust. i ended up meeting up with jon and he tuned it. i am going to get it re-dynoed since i have changed tb and installed headers and x pipe.

Dave5.0

Established Member
The Whipple makes good power. I'm told the 2.3 can make up to 900. The 2.9 will go even further.

Also, the FRPP tune that comes with the Whipple is AWFUL. Oh my lord. It feels so slow.

nonliberal

Established Member
I have the VMP TVS tuned by Shaun at AED. As expected the WOT power is definitely there, but more important to me was day to day driving, my wife driving around town etc. It is excellent!! When the wife is driving it acts totally stock and she can't tell it has anything done to it since she never gives it more than half throttle anyway, but when I drive it the thing is a beast.

No dead spots, no surging or bucking, no hunting for gears, etc. It just drives perfect.

MUCH credit to Shaun at AED.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I have the VMP TVS tuned by Shaun at AED. As expected the WOT power is definitely there, but more important to me was day to day driving, my wife driving around town etc. It is excellent!! When the wife is driving it acts totally stock and she can't tell it has anything done to it since she never gives it more than half throttle anyway, but when I drive it the thing is a beast.

No dead spots, no surging or bucking, no hunting for gears, etc. It just drives perfect.

MUCH credit to Shaun at AED.

OP go with this.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
The Whipple makes good power. I'm told the 2.3 can make up to 900. The 2.9 will go even further.

Also, the FRPP tune that comes with the Whipple is AWFUL. Oh my lord. It feels so slow.

Might be a bit optimistic there. 2.3's run out of steam way below 900.

90sslx

Established Member
I am not saying what is better. bang for buck, i think novi. fit and finish whipple/tvs when i bought mine from jayman33 (great guy, hooked me up with a great deal and took a day to help install it ) vmp's tvs wasnt out, and i didnt like the roush logo when i popped the hood. all blowers are capable of hurting a stock coyote. my car made 607 rwhp with a 9 lbs pully, jlt127 6 rib belt stock exhaust with cats and resonators & 2012 gt500 mufflers and of course a good 93 tune from lund.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread