VMP Dual Fan Triple Pass Heat Exchanger

SDBs13GT500

Established Member
I was wondering if anyone has installed this on there 13 or 14 GT500. Would like some thoughts and impressions. I know many have recommended the C&R Heat Exchanger that are Dual Pass. Not completely sold on which way to go with either of the products. I apologize if this has been discussed before. Could not find anything when I did a quick search.

Link for VMP Dual Fan Triple Pass Heat Exchanger
http://vmptuning.com/07-12-gt500-cooling/vmphe-dual/

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
The VMP intercooler is nice and works well, you honestly can't go wrong either way. I personally love my C&R unit.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Good question, would be nice to have Van and BJs input.

I personally planned on running Van's comp HE next year as I have had success with my custom C&R radiator in my LX.

Triple pass may be better than dual pass, but the quality/efficiency of the core is the most important, most NASCAR teams run C&R.
-J

Casper cobra

Established Member
we need more inputs to clear out the picture about dual pass or tripple Pass (AFCO or C R compare it VMP ) HE ON 13-14 GT500
- fitment with out modification
- lower IAT2
-acceptable fan noise

carguy19

Established Member
we need more inputs to clear out the picture about dual pass or tripple Pass (AFCO or C R compare it VMP ) HE ON 13-14 GT500
- fitment with out modification
- lower IAT2
-acceptable fan noise

I am not 100% sure, but I remember BJ from VMP posting that their unit fits very well and that it much less expensive then the comparable units from other companies.

RangerDLA

Established Member
I love my VMP triple pass HE. We had to do some slight mods to get the hoses to fit for the input and output, but it was a simple fix. My car runs much cooler in this Texas heat. I still doubt you can go wrong either way though.

little-dw

Established Member
what about wiring. I;d prefer a simple plug n play, do they offer this with any of them?

I dont feel comfortable splicing into my electrical system or having someone else do it either.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
what about wiring. I;d prefer a simple plug n play, do they offer this with any of them?

I dont feel comfortable splicing into my electrical system or having someone else do it either.

I don't have one (yet), but I'm pretty sure VMP is plug & play.

Users who are viewing this thread