VMP Dual Fan Triple Pass Heat Exchanger

5.0 Silverback

Established Member
About to have my new TVS setup installed next week 'Full VMP Stage 3'. One of the main selling point beside the great customer service and awesome VMP TVS was their Dual Fan Triple Pass Heat Exchanger.

Looking to hear any opinions on this item from people who have seen them or have them installed on their cars.

Does the unit make noise enough to hear it inside or outside the vehicle?
Can you notice it from outside the car?
Are you seeing much lower cooling temps than normal after a few runs?
Are you able to do more frequent runs do to keeping everything cooler?
Does your car feel faster with it than before you had it; picking up any tenths of a second?

I am sure it is an awesome product just looking to get some first hand knowledge.

- Sean

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
You're not going to gain any HP from it, your car will just not get heatsoaked as easy.

Vert

Established Member
You can't hear the fans from inside the car, but you can hear him from outside the car. About from the doors forward you can hear them running and it pretty much sounds like a radiator cooling fan running on high with the hood open. In the summer heat, I see IAT'S in mid 130's.

Last edited:

BrianH87

Established Member
Are they on full-time? Or are they switched via a temp sensor?

I still can't figure that either. I cannot imagine them running while you are driving 80 mph down the highway. They would be counterproductive. At the same time though, if they are off most of the time when driving, what good are they? Can someone shed some light on exactly when they are on and off?

Vert

Established Member
They start running as soon as you fire the car up and until you turn it off. I've been up to 135 and they are still intact.

Way2QWK

Established Member
Any one know if this heat exchanger will keep temps down enough for some occasional road course duty. No smaller than an 82mm pulley?? If I do a blower it will be a PD if it can handle hitting a road course on occasion.

Vert

Established Member
As I mentioned hard driving in 90* heat my IAT'S ran in the mid 130's as long as I kept the car moving.

Established Member
Fans are loud. If you have stock exhaust you might hear them sitting still with the windows down. My IAT's get as high as 147 in the 100 degree summer heat.

Users who are viewing this thread