Vmp - call me!

95PGTTech

Established Member
I absolutely hate to do this, but I've run out of other ways of politely solving this issue. I look forward to this getting solved ASAP so I can ask the mods to delete this thread.

CLIFFS: VMP sent me the wrong MAF flange and is now ignoring me over a period of a few months.

Details:

The plastic fitting/tube for the PCV setup on my wife's 05 Escape broke last year. Ford wanted some preposterous amount for it and the intake tube, and I had a ton of 3" mandrel bends sitting around. Being lazy, tacked a few together and decided it looked pretty good. Searched online for a MAF flange made in steel since I only have MIG. VMP was pretty much the only ones. Have ordered from before, no issues, great service.

As always, fast response to all my questions. Obviously they don't list an Escape MAF flange, so we went back and forth with measurements and settled that the steel ba2400 one was compatible. Ordered it up, and received package days later...great!

WRONG - it's aluminum. Just for the sake of "since I have it" I unbolted the MAF and confirmed, it's the right one. So I just need to switch this thing out with a steel one and good to go.

Emailed back - they want original order number - stupidly, I did not print out the receipt of payment on the website. I did keep the original box it came in (it is unmodified) and there was no invoice in the box. I gave all the info I have on hand.

From
SHIPPING DEPT
(324) 205 - 9369
VMPTUNING.COM
3525 ROBERT GODDARD AVE
DELTONA FL 32738

SHIP TO
CHRIS REISER
77 RIVERSIDE DRIVE
PRINCETON, NJ 08540

TRACKING
1ZY76Y670375725834

BILLING P/P

REF 1: 11094 tonsil style maf flange ba240
REF 2: stickers

I figured that would be plenty to solve the issue. I have chased multiple times since, with everything from "I think we sent you out a new one" to being outright ignored.

First emails were in 07/2012!

When I figured out it was going to be a few days in shipping, I got the replacement OEM part from a local junkyard for $20 so this pipe just sits on my garage shelf staring at me every time I go to work on the Cobra, but allows the issue to drag on months.

I acknowledge that it was stupid of me to not print out a copy of the payment from their website and to delete the confirmation email. I've had great experiences online and never needed to keep anything like that. I've ordered from VMP before and had ZERO issues. I do not believe, however, that this equates to the treatment I've gotten on this issue.

I also acknowledge that my kindness/naiveness/desire not to cause problems has become a problem here. I did not get loud or nasty fast enough and that's why we're going on a couple months here.

I'm not looking for a free shit here.

Solutions:
Ship me a steel one. I'll ship you this one. We each eat our shipping.
Figure out my order number if you don't make this thing anymore, and refund me.
Pay me to have the intake finished. I had a guy at a race shop in a pinch weld two captured nuts onto a steel pipe and then drill/tap the flange so I could bolt on an aluminum slot style MAF, had the pipe and flange powdercoated seperately, then bolted together and RTV seal, worked great. The nuts were more like threadserts with tiny bolts I could never MIG anything that small/thin. I believe he billed me like $20 I can see what he wants to do it again.
Do nothing, I'll eat it, drop the issue, and you lose me as a customer forever. I tell everyone I speak to every time I hear the word VMP or see a thread with VMP in the title.

95PGTTech

Established Member
Forgot to follow up thread title - kept all emails since problem, even found first ones I sent going back and forth about bolt patterns and sizes when we were trying to figure out what will work.

You have my cell already, but here it is again
609-558-1649

Call me 24/7, text, PM here, snail mail, Skype, XBL chat, whatever floats your boat

QikSnake

Established Member
Hey, have tried to respond to this several times, but it keeps logging me out. So i'll make this short and sweet as I can.

We strive to exceed every customer expectations especially concerning customer service. Which is what we feel sets us apart from the crowd.

We have no record of the provided phone number calling our offices dating back to Jan 1 2012. We have no records of your name in any of our customer service channels (emails etc.)

Our number has been listed on our website and remained the same since we opened our doors in 1999. Which is 321-206-9369. Appropriate emails are also listed there as well, so I am a little baffled as to how this could have happened.

The number you have above is wrong and likely the cause for your issues. I'm not sure who you have been emailing but your issue is an easy one to solve, and as such, we will solve it expediently as we always strive to do.

You and I can discuss and get to the bottom as to why your attempts to contact us have not reached us or been responded to. Also for future reference to you or anyone else experiencing any issues, the best means to resolving your issue expediently is to contact us directly via phone or email.

321-206-9369 is our office number we are open Monday - Thursday 9am to 5pm and Friday 9am to 2pm EST. My personal extension is 110.

For Sales related questions please contact [email protected] for support with an order email [email protected].

This information is public on our website:
Contact Us: VMP Tuning - Superchargers, Tuners, Custom Tunes, & Performance Parts

As well in most of our signatures and a vast majority of our posts. Please do not hesitate to contact our office, or me personally if you experience any issue with our service what so ever. You can even reach me by PM as well.

I will be calling you at my very earliest opportunity to discuss resolution of your issue.

95PGTTech

Established Member
Rick - I was simply copy/paste what the UPS label said off the box with that phone number. I have called in the number posted on the website before.

Other members: Rick called as soon as he got my PM yesterday, sorted everything out. He was able to track down my order number from my information and is sending out the correct part today with a prepaid UPS return label for the aluminum one I have. I am very happy with the resolution - this is the type of customer service I have ALWAYS gotten from VMP and I am glad we got this taken care of.

Users who are viewing this thread