VMP Build Suggestions/Questions

Badwill95

Established Member
Hey guys, I'm about to purchase a TVS for my cobra, just curious if anyone is running a stock ported throttle body with theirs? Im not a big fan of the chrome gt500 TB and its an extra $600-700, I could put towards cooling, idlers ect. Also will the VMP MAF and Fuel Kit be good enough? Not looking to go return style but would consider upgrading fuel pumps.
Thanks

blownfox

Established Member
I did the VMP TVS swap this past summer and running their fuel kit (MAF, 60 lbs injectors, and my car already had their BPA installed) with stock fuel pumps. I'm probably near the max for my fuel pumps but at 15 PSI my car made 570 RWHP. Who will be doing the tuning? They might have suggestions/recommendations for you on fuel pumps.

I decided to hold off on bigger fuel pumps until i have enough money to do the return system. I told myself i will not do a return style system but that did not last long. Between the FPDM's, new pumps, and PPRV I'm half went to a fore return style fuel system.

You might want to reach out to MalcomV8 as he is a VMP dealer and can help you.

Badwill95

Established Member
I think I am just gonna bite the bullet, purchase the gt500 throttle body and get it tuned once. I am going to have Real Speed on Long Island do the tuning. Im hoping the BAP is enough for now. Thank you for the advice.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
If you're upgrading the blower why would you choke it down with a stock TB? Good choice. I have a dragon on mine with no issues. Heard the GT500 one is like oem drivability too. Had I not had the dragon on my ported eaton, I would've gotten the GT500 one as well.

MG0h3

Established Member
FWIW..
I bought my car with a 2.9whipple, stock fuel system other then BAP and injectors. Made 590whp. Stock MAF with mafia and accufab SBTB.

Just don't do anything twice. It's a waste of money.

I'd get the blower you want with the appropriate TB and injectors. Get the BAP for now if you can't swing a full fuel system. If I were doing it the first time I would have just gotten a bigger MAF but I'm now on E85 @20psi and the Mafia is working just fine. Id get the ID 1050X injectors (brand new ones in the market right now). You won't have to upgrade unless you get pretty crazy with the power and from what I've read they tune the best.

Users who are viewing this thread