VMP 67MM TB on stock Blower?

svtpolice

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Hey guys,

Well I think I will go with the VMP H/E, but what I am really looking for is more responsiveness from the car. In stock form it just seems a little lazy.

Keep in mind, it is basically stock. So I was thinking when I get the H/E and tune, also getting a TB.

Has anyone seem any improvement with responsiveness running a different TB? Any Drivability issues?

I am thinking the tune might wake it up a bit, and I figured a TB might help with that as well.

and yes I sent a message to VMP, but I realize its a holiday. I also know they have 10% off today only. So I would like to order the stuff tonight if possible, which would save me a little money.

So, here I am asking my fellow GT500 brothern if I will see a difference in throttle response with say a VMP TB (67MM dual)?

Thanks guys

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
First major mod i did was CAI, TB, pulley and tune. Made all the difference in the world. Do not know how much differencd just a TB would be using the stock CAI and pulley. Might be too much for a stock CAI.

svtpolice

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
First major mod i did was CAI, TB, pulley and tune. Made all the difference in the world. Do not know how much differencd just a TB would be using the stock CAI and pulley. Might be too much for a stock CAI.

Thanks Hillbilly, She did get me the JLT intake (Not the 123MM), and an airraid filter. Not sure if that makes a difference, LOL.

- Aj -

Established Member
Yes it will wake up the throttle response in the stock blower. I have a twin 67mm l&m tb and it is much better than stock.

Sent from my superfast Shelby GT500

Gabe9195

Whippled Coyote
Established Member
Yes it will wake up the throttle response in the stock blower. I have a twin 67mm l&m tb and it is much better than stock.

How much heart ache did you have getting that L&M TB tuned?
I just had a local place try to tune it on my Whippled Coyote, and after 3 TB-value files we gave up, I went back to the twin-60mm unit.
The issues I was having were a rolling idle, wrench light after going WOT and engine sputtering, even got a CEL with code P2112 for the throttle actuator getting stuck closed.

- Aj -

Established Member
How much heart ache did you have getting that L&M TB tuned?
I just had a local place try to tune it on my Whippled Coyote, and after 3 TB-value files we gave up, I went back to the twin-60mm unit.
The issues I was having were a rolling idle, wrench light after going WOT and engine sputtering, even got a CEL with code P2112 for the throttle actuator getting stuck closed.

None. The guy I bought it from said it was all dialed in. He was right. Don't remember who it was but he was a regular on here.

Sent from my superfast Shelby GT500

Mainn

Established Member
I watch the forums no matter the day. PM me and I'll generally get back to you within a few hours if you want a quick response to most (basic) questions.

In short, yes, the TB will help with responsiveness, and will provide you with an extra ~20rwhp. You won't have any drivability issues assuming it's tuned correctly. :)

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
You'll get 10whp on the stock blower and 20whp or so on a bigger blower basic setup. Throttle response will be better on either and you most likely will end up with a bigger blower later so it's a good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread