VMP 2.3 install

Goocher0310th

Established Member
Hey all. So, after buying the VMP gen2 2.3 it's been sitting in my garage for the last year. I'm finally ready to have my buddy Rob get this install started. My question I'm wondering is the fuel system. I have all supporting mods I need for this build other than that.

My initial plan was to go full Fore return system, after talking with @LS WUT I'm thinking pump upgrade may be the way to go. I just want a 600-650whp streetcar, that won't see any track duty. What would you all do regarding the fuel system if it was your car?

Thanks,
Chris

LS WUT

Established Member
For sure. Youre going to be running pump gas. He’s got the injectors already, I said to go with some better pumps and he will be fine. He’s looking to be conservative around 600-650 or so. The car isn’t a track car, and is only a bad ass weekend, and sunny day cruiser.

PC03GT

Established Member
Hey all. So, after buying the VMP gen2 2.3 it's been sitting in my garage for the last year. I'm finally ready to have my buddy Rob get this install started. My question I'm wondering is the fuel system. I have all supporting mods I need for this build other than that.

My initial plan was to go full Fore return system, after talking with @LS WUT I'm thinking pump upgrade may be the way to go. I just want a 600-650whp streetcar, that won't see any track duty. What would you all do regarding the fuel system if it was your car?

Thanks,
Chris
Talk to @04sleeper

Goocher0310th

Established Member
I am working on much the same goal as the op, just using a 2.3 Whipple. I have a Fore Level 4 fuel system to go in, you never know what you might want down the road so might as well be prepared now. Buy once, cry once
Thats originally what I was thinking as well, I just don't see myself wanting to change anything up after this swap. Especially since I don't plan on ever tracking the car just a street car.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
I don’t see myself changing either but I have already changed my mind on a bunch of other things that I am keeping my options open on either a bigger blower or turbos down the road

Goocher0310th

Established Member
I'm always changing my mind as well. I guess I can always add everything to make a return system if I just do pumps now?

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
The main issue is we get used to the power. I remember when I put my vmp 2.3 with a 85mm pulley and went for the first drive I was blown away. Now I have a 79mm pulley and a fuel system that I need to install so I can run E85 and a smaller pulley. But in all reality 600-700 whp is a ton of fun for a street car and you'll beat or give most cars a run for the money. Good luck with the install and have fun!

robvas

Established Member
If you're buying new stuff I would go e85 capable. Otherwise you'll be spending more upgrading injectors pumps and pulleys for that's extra power you will want when you either don't beat someone bad enough, or get beat!

Bullitt1448

Established Member
I'm always changing my mind as well. I guess I can always add everything to make a return system if I just do pumps now?
The pumps are the toughest to change although not that difficult, just a PITA. Get a Fore regulator, those seem to be about the best out there from what I have read. The rest you can piece together as to go

Goocher0310th

Established Member
Put the car on E don’t mess around at least over here in South Florida you need at least 800rwhp to be quick and not get bored so fast I have 600 and it’s not enough anymore
I’m about 30-40 minutes north of Ocala which is the closest E s to me. I’m really surprised Gainesville doesn’t have a spot, but last I checked we don’t.

The travel from Gainesville to Ocala on I75 is terrible, and I don’t want to get 70 gallons at a time.

01yellercobra

Established Member
If you're staying on pump I'd pick up a Fore hat with GT pumps. Run either an upgraded FPDM or dual FDPM's and don't forget the wire upgrade. If you're feeling froggy you can upgrade the feed line to -8. Should you decide for more down the down the road you can either get the Fore hat upgraded with bigger pumps or sell it and pick up a new set up.

JMO.

Goocher0310th

Established Member
If you're staying on pump I'd pick up a Fore hat with GT pumps. Run either an upgraded FPDM or dual FDPM's and don't forget the wire upgrade. If you're feeling froggy you can upgrade the feed line to -8. Should you decide for more down the down the road you can either get the Fore hat upgraded with bigger pumps or sell it and pick up a new set up.

JMO.
I appreciate that. This is the route I will go.

Users who are viewing this thread