Vizio TV

TDUB003

Established Member
My mom has had one for a few years now and has no complaints with hers.

03snkvert

Established Member
My father in law has went through 2 in the last 5 or 6 years. He first had a Plasma that went bad, so he got a 55" LCD. The 55" LCD now has 3 lines that run vertical through the TV.

Just my experience!

stangliter04

Established Member
I've owned two of them a 42 inch LCD that I bought back in 08 and a 48 inch LCD that I just bought this year... Really like them. Picture is not quite as good as Samsung/Sony but you get more options at the same price. My 48" is 3D and Internet.

ZFan88

Established Member
I've have my 42" for almost 3 years now, with a lot of hours of gaming and movies, no problems. I'll be buying another one

ringo01

Established Member
Had a 32" LCD Vizio that went out after 2 years. Completely dead.

Bought a 42" LG and I would NOT recommend the Vizios.

I did a lot of reading on the problem, and the 2 year lifetime for the Vizios seems to be not uncommon.

"05GT"

Established Member
Have had mine for 4 years now an no issues what so ever with it at all.

Good value and picture is great for the money

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
I've had my 42" for just over a year now, it's been a great TV. I use it as a traditional TV as well as a monitor for my Mac Mini.

SilvGT

Established Member
I've had a 37" Vizio for a few years now and it's been a great tv, I think they are great for the price.

speedsun

Established Member
My friend gave me his old broken one a few weeks ago. It lasted him 3 years. I found some bad capacitors in the inverter cards. $60 in parts off ebay and I flipped it for a profit off craigslist for $250. :)

Just my experience.

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
I just bought the 42" AND a 55" last week @ Costco. First HDTVs I've ever had in the house and they are great. I know that Samsung has possibly the best picture, but for the price for the both of these LCDs...you can't beat it.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
47" Vizio 120hz LCD here. Works great, had it about 1.5yrs now.

I believe Vizio is a top 5 manufacturer now. Up there with Samsung, Sharp, LG and Sony.

My friend gave me his old broken one a few weeks ago. It lasted him 3 years. I found some bad capacitors in the inverter cards. $60 in parts off ebay and I flipped it for a profit off craigslist for $250. :)

Just my experience.

This just happened to my cousins Samsung. It will click on and off for the first 20 minutes and then itll stick, quick google search reveals the same thing, blown caps, and a quick cheap fix and its good to go.

OrangeCobra2004

Established Member
Awesome sounds like all you guys love yours. Now the 3D is not a deal breaker for him, so out of two I posted, which one is better?

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
If he doesnt really care about 3D then get the cheaper one.

Neither support DNLA which IMO is a pretty big must these days. Slap Serviio media server on your pc that has any downloaded content (.avi's, h.264/mkv, etc) and itll work great with a DNLA compliant set. Unless he does that through a 360/PS3 already then its not really a benefit.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I just got back from Sam's club and was showing my father-in-law those two same tv's! He has a 42" that's worked great for the last 2-3 years and now wants a 55". I can say his Vizio Blu-ray player has been a picky pos that sometimes works and doesn't.

Users who are viewing this thread