Vista Blue - Gloss or flat black super snake stripes?

StangSupremacy

Established Member
As much as I like how the white brings out the darker vista blue, it’s just not for me. I have decided to get supersnake black stripes and get other pieces such as wheels and lights black to match. The problem I am having is deciding between gloss black or flat black. I’ve never liked flat black as much, but I saw pics online of the flat black supersnake and started liking it.

2008 Shelby GT 500 Super Snake

CarsOnline.com: Shelby For Sale

2008 427 NASCAR Super Snake 725 HP - Mustang Club of America Classified Ads

I can’t seem to find pics of the gloss black stripes on a vista blue to see how it would match up. I’ve searched several forums and google without much luck. I wish i could see one in person in both finishes:??:

1) What do yall think?
2) Whats the best quality/price place to order them from?

Thanks everyone for your input.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
As much as I like how the white brings out the darker vista blue, it’s just not for me. I have decided to get supersnake black stripes and get other pieces such as wheels and lights black to match. The problem I am having is deciding between gloss black or flat black. I’ve never liked flat black as much, but I saw pics online of the flat black supersnake and started liking it.

2008 Shelby GT 500 Super Snake

CarsOnline.com: Shelby For Sale

2008 427 NASCAR Super Snake 725 HP - Mustang Club of America Classified Ads

I can’t seem to find pics of the gloss black stripes on a vista blue to see how it would match up. I’ve searched several forums and google without much luck. I wish i could see one in person in both finishes:??:

1) What do yall think?
2) Whats the best quality/price place to order them from?

Thanks everyone for your input.

Depending upon the production date, Flat stripes were only on the earliest of the Super Snakes. People were having issues with stains on the Flat and the stripes changed to Matte. Still low gloss, but easier to keep clean. Shown below is my 08. It was upgraded at the Mod Shop in Las Vegas in Jan. 09, it has the Matte stripes..........

0012-4.jpg

I am working on a stripe delete deck lid and a KR spoiler deck lid. Raceskinz sent me a sample to verify which Super Snake stripes were installed on my car, that is a Matte sample laying on my stripes.

I like the dark stripes, they always seem to look more aggresive, from a visual standpoint.

R

Last edited:

2nd2none

Established Member
I just got a set of SS Stripes from Raceskinz. The back says mactac.com 9800. The shop that did the install compared it to a few of the flat/matte blacks they had and nothing matched. The SS stripes are matte but have a little texture look in it

StangSupremacy

Established Member
I am kind of leaning towards the Matte stripes, I just dont know how the gloss would look and there isnt any pictures on a vista blue that i've found.

Also, i have found several sites and prices for the matte black SS stripe kit. Anywhere from $90 - 800. Anyone dealt with these two shops? Any other sites that have great quality and price?

The Decal Shoppe, Muscle Car Stripes For,Chevy Camaro, Dodge Challengers, Dodge SRT,Dodge SRT8,Ford Mustang, Racing Decals,Signs,Racing Stripes,Car Racing Stripes,Truck Graphics, Trailer Graphics,Custom Decals,Banners,Lincoln Electric Welder Decals,M

Shelby GT500 Super Snake Style Rally Stripe Graphic Kit 1 for Ford Mustang

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
I'm a gloss Guy. Brother has an 08 charcoal gray with black stripes. Had an incident in a parking looking lot. Replaced the Hood and a local vinyl shop restriped the car in gloss black for 550 including installation. Looks better than the flat black from the factory. If the blue is bright with a flake to it might not look right with flat stripes

StangSupremacy

Established Member
I'm a gloss Guy. Brother has an 08 charcoal gray with black stripes. Had an incident in a parking looking lot. Replaced the Hood and a local vinyl shop restriped the car in gloss black for 550 including installation. Looks better than the flat black from the factory. If the blue is bright with a flake to it might not look right with flat stripes

I have always been a gloss guy also. You bring up a good point because the blue paint is metallic and pretty bright in the sun. Damn i wish i could see one!

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
another vote for matte. my stripes are matte and I've had zero issues

StangSupremacy

Established Member
What do yall think about the two links i posted above? It seems there is a huge price discrepancy between websites, i wonder which one would be the best bet?

Users who are viewing this thread