visiting San Francisco with a Ls1

cheesegt

584 SS
Established Member
i will be making a trip down to the San Fransisco area within a week coming from texas with a h/c stalled Ls1 camaro going to be there for a good week visiting a friend that goes to the academy of art down there,

any place up there to let my Ls1 stretch its legs while im up there,

also going to be doing some typical tourist crap, :rockon:

68gtscode

Established Member
I'm probably going to take some heat for this comment, but I think this area kind of sucks for spirited driving! There is a ton of traffic, the roads are generally horrible, and there are a lot of cops. If you are looking for a nice freeway where you're not going to be frustrated driving behind 4 lanes of slow moving traffic, I recommend the 280... that's where I usually take my Cobra. Of course, I never leave home without my Valentine 1.

Last edited:

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
I'm probably going to take some heat for this comment, but I think this area kind of sucks for spirited driving! There is a ton of traffic, the roads are generally horrible, and there are a lot of cops. If you are looking for a nice freeway where you're not going to be frustrated driving behind 4 lanes of slow moving traffic, I recommend the 280... that's where I usually take my Cobra. Of course, I never leave home without my Valentine 1.

+1 280 is great.:rockon:

03DOHC

Established Member
Yeah if you want a ticket go on that road.
No kidding. You better have a detector and use a rabbit or you will get a ticket. 280 is crawling with CHP. I didn't realize just how bad it was until I got my V1 and then I was like holy shit, there's one there, and there, I just passed another, and another......

68gtscode

Established Member
No kidding. You better have a detector and use a rabbit or you will get a ticket. 280 is crawling with CHP. I didn't realize just how bad it was until I got my V1 and then I was like holy shit, there's one there, and there, I just passed another, and another......

+1 Once I got my Valentine 1 it became clear just how exposed you are without one. Some of the best money you can spend...

krazykorean35

Established Member
wed night drags @ infineon raceway in sonoma

if youre around, come down to 321 gellert blvd, daly city, on friday night around 10pm...have a pretty large gtg there

OCSnk

NowIESnk
Established Member
[B said:
visiting San Francisco with a Ls1 [/B]

YAY!!! That is sooooo exciting! Can’t get enough of seeing those (LS1’s) here in Cali.:banana::dancenana::banana::dancenana:

I had to post and share in my excitement, that you’re visiting San Francisco with an Ls1. Regretfully, I will not be able to make it up that way on your visit.:whine::(

Have lots of fun and be safe, now back to watching my favorite vid:rockon::rockon:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_sDHaih7bs"]YouTube - Best Ls1 pictures[/ame]

:coolman::-D

cheesegt

584 SS
Established Member
wed night drags @ infineon raceway in sonoma

if youre around, come down to 321 gellert blvd, daly city, on friday night around 10pm...have a pretty large gtg there

sounds good if you see a silver z28 with a flat black ss hood and texas plates its me,

anybody game to get some action while im up there?

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member

Are you or your parents originally from southern cali? because calling it "the" 280 is more associated with southern california whereas in northern cali it's more appropriate to just be called 280.

Just an observation, same thing either way.

68gtscode

Established Member
Did you do turn on the K band mute on yours? Makes the K band speed drones go away.

Yes, it doesn't seem to give any "false alarms" now... when it lights up, I hit the brakes!

Are you or your parents originally from southern cali? because calling it "the" 280 is more associated with southern california whereas in northern cali it's more appropriate to just be called 280.

Just an observation, same thing either way.

No, I'm not from CA (northern or southern) originally. I'm not really from anywhere... I moved to the bay from Phoenix 3.5 years ago. Before that I was in Florida, Illinois, Southern CA, Lousiania (twice), Colorado, New Mexico (twice), and Australia (twice).

EDIT- forgot Washington state.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread