Virginia/DC area

ManNmachine

John 3:16
Established Member
I got on 95/395 from Belvoir about 5:30 yesterday and it was smooth sailing. About a hour later when I was heading back south it started slowing down.

Realtor = PM….Looked at a place today and felt pretty good about it until I walked in the two small bedrooms. I was not prepared for how small they were, more like large closets and looked like only a twin bed could fit. If I get something that small then worst case I might be looking to get rid of some of my stuff or pay 400 more a month for the extra room. The downside is even when you find something bigger, it lacks something else or in some part of town I defiantly would not live.

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
Compromise is definitely the name of the game out here. Since I work so far west (Dulles Airport) a lot of my co-workers take the West Virginia route. It's all about priorities.

I hope you find what you are looking for, and welcome to NoVA.

rizjan67

Established Member
welcome

Welcome to NOVA ,I live in Alexandria near Ft,belvoir,near mount Vernon its nice place also pretty easy commute to DC and Arlington,are you looking for an apartment or house?

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
Welcome to the area , as others have said the traffic here sucks and so do most of the drivers. Move as close to work as possible. Im located in falls church

bleedingfordblu

Established Member
im in leesburg, loudoun county, beautiful place, only about fourty five minutes from dc.

theres one local tuner thats good. he ownes excessive performance in manassas. jpc is in maryland so hes kinda close

Bad03gt

Do what!?
Established Member
Well I live in catlett va right outside warrenton but my girl lives in woodbridge. It not a bad place, just be care where u go. I would look in old town alexanderia my gf works up that way and I love it there. Good luck finding a place man.

ManNmachine

Established Member
Thanks, glad to be here.
The goal was to rent 3 bedroom house/townhouse with 2 car garage in a nice area close to work. Wednesday I decided it was going to be our last day for looking and take the best of whatever we found. First place was close to the beltway, it looked fairly nice, in a good neighborhood with a price hard to resist. After we looked around we were standing in the living room talking, then my wife noticed small worms on the carpet, I took a closer look and there were probably about a dozen. I asked the broker whats the deal with it and he said its cricket legs :nonono: after further looking into things we ruled them to be millipedes. So I decided not to take it.

Later we had enough, so we decided to break and talk things over then re-engage the broker. Then out of nowhere my wife said she noticed a piece of paper with a listing that must have unintentionally fell out of the broker’s hand, which he probably wasn't intended on showing us for whatever reason, maybe because it was $450 cheaper than the place we were about to decided on. I check back with him about it and it turned out to be just about what we were looking for, townhouse, 2 car garage, right amount of space and NOT closets for bedrooms. This listing was not even advertised online so there was no way for us to have seen it, but by good grace it fell out of his pile and my wife noticed it.

ManNmachine

Established Member
Its in Lorton less than a mile from 95. Crazy driving, its as if no lines or speed limit exist on the roads, makes me think of that allstate blind spot commercial "you're good" haha.

rizjan67

Established Member
lorton

Hey congrats on finding the place that you wanted,lorton is nice place and I'm only 5minutes north of you,,next Sunday there is MACA cruise so if you feel like going there let me know .

ManNmachine

Established Member
Looks like it will be a blast. If my car was in town I would definitely be there, I drove my dd from WA State. Since I don’t trust any transport company with the car, I’ll be flying back to get it at the latest mid-march2012…the weather across to states should be good for a 3-4 day drive back to VA.

ManNmachine

Established Member
Exhaust

I got off road H + headers but I was wondering if anyone has word as to how strict the area is on exhaust. I know areas may vary, but anyone here ever been pulled over for exhaust?

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
I got off road H + headers but I was wondering if anyone has word as to how strict the area is on exhaust. I know areas may vary, but anyone here ever been pulled over for exhaust?

We do have emissions, but it's visual with an OBDII check, so as long as you aren't throwing any codes you should pass.

Never heard of anyone getting pulled over for sound though.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member

Va law does state that any muffler installed on a motor vehicle SHALL not emit more noise than the factory exhaust. As far as it being enforced, well
that depends on the officer/trooper pulling you over. In VA, pretty much anything aftermarket is illegal, unless it has a DOT or SAE number shown on the part. Im a trooper here, and I'll tell you it sucks.

ManNmachine

Established Member
Thanks for the info, I went into DC and I couldn't help but to notice that almost every block there was a cop. I am a little uneasy, so maybe I'll at least get some new mid pipes.

Monster Mach

Established Member
Va law does state that any muffler installed on a motor vehicle SHALL not emit more noise than the factory exhaust. As far as it being enforced, well
that depends on the officer/trooper pulling you over. In VA, pretty much anything aftermarket is illegal, unless it has a DOT or SAE number shown on the part. Im a trooper here, and I'll tell you it sucks.

I never got screwed with oddly enough.. I they did hate my hids though.. I got pulled over more for them then tint exhaust black tails.. then I switched back to n.y plates and didn't get messed with anymore

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

20SVT03

Wishin for that KB!
Established Member
If you have to drive into fairfax alot becareful. They can be a bunch of dicks. I was slowing down on a two lane road from the speed limit and there so happened to be a cop standing in the road stopping people, he said my exhaust was not at OE specs and he wrote me a faulty equipment ticket. As far as emissions and state inspection, you are not allowed to have long tube headers, convertors are manditory, and there can not be any codes logged in memory including a p1000. oh and I believe all but one engine monitor must have passed. I have lived in woodbridge and now i live in Haymarket. I dont want to say that woodbridge is a bad place to live, there are nicer areas like lake ridge. woodbridge is just old, run down, and it has become VERY ethnically diverse. oh and traffic is getting worse and worse every single day. more and more construction on the belt way. it takes me 45 min to go 18 miles from haymarket to rt 50 in the HOV lane

Bad03gt

Do what!?
Established Member
**** the state law! I have a bright red cobra, no front tag, illegal windows, no cats, loud mufflers, long tube header I haven't been pulled over yet. Just don't drive like an idiot and you will be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread