Virgin build, Dyno tune by Kurgan. E85 Twin 62mm through 4L80E

DoomsDay

Slayer of Gods...
Established Member
Im really hoping you can help me out, im running a 4L80e as well, but cannot figure out how to get the speedo working. What are you using as a speed sensor? how did you wire it? Ive been looking for info for almost 2 months now with no luck

Id really appreciate it

Droppintwins

Established Member
Im really hoping you can help me out, im running a 4L80e as well, but cannot figure out how to get the speedo working. What are you using as a speed sensor? how did you wire it? Ive been looking for info for almost 2 months now with no luck

Id really appreciate it

Sorry guys been buy for a while. Best way to hook up speedo is to one of the wheel speed sensors for the ABS (splice the two wires). It has a reluctor ring much like the stock transmissions do. The speedo will not be accurate but it will work. You can then calculate the actual speed of the car (via GPS) vs the speed shown on the speedometer and determine what percentage you are off. (take multiple measurements and do the math) Then have your car tuned accordingly to correct the speedometer percentage off. Worked great for me!

stradt03

Established Member
Sorry guys been buy for a while. Best way to hook up speedo is to one of the wheel speed sensors for the ABS (splice the two wires). It has a reluctor ring much like the stock transmissions do. The speedo will not be accurate but it will work. You can then calculate the actual speed of the car (via GPS) vs the speed shown on the speedometer and determine what percentage you are off. (take multiple measurements and do the math) Then have your car tuned accordingly to correct the speedometer percentage off. Worked great for me!

Can you retain ABS with this method or do you need to delete the ABS?

Droppintwins

Established Member
Can you retain ABS with this method or do you need to delete the ABS?

I see no reason that you would not be able to retain ABS. I have manual brakes so I can't say for certain. Essentially it is just a tone wheel and a magnet so there is really no reason that same sensor would not be able to send a signal to both your ABS and the speedometer.

Users who are viewing this thread