Vipers are not so hot...

99_venum

SVT Madness
Established Member
Had a short run with a new Viper. We pulled away from the light and I got on it a little in first. He didn't bite so I slowly shifted into second, As soon as my front end dropped as I shifted he nailed it trying to do a ricer flyby. He got his rear bumper even with my front bumper and I just buried the loud pedal in second. I shot right up along side him and waved and then let off. We were in a poor place to run but I definitely stopped his pull and gained back the car length in just second gear.

For the record, Him new Viper and don't know what he has done.
Me just a 2011 GT Vert with Exhaust, bigger Inzo tires, MGW shifter. And BTW a Roush charger sporting the 675 HP setup :coolman:

Kewlv8

Established Member
5bro_zpsa28dcc43.jpg

. Gk .

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Too bad we can't make BIM jokes anymore LOL Good kill OP! Would've been awesome seeing a vid.

Sick03Vert

Banned
Vipers are bad ass.

You don't buy that car because it's the fastest thing on the street. You buy it because it's a Viper.

With a lot of luck, and a small miracle, I'm hoping to get an older Viper for my next car.

Nice GT though. :beer:

Zemedici

Established Member
Vipers are bad ass.

You don't buy that car because it's the fastest thing on the street. You buy it because it's a Viper.

With a lot of luck, and a small miracle, I'm hoping to get an older Viper for my next car.

Nice GT though. :beer:

oh man....make that happen!

Nice kill OP.

love the, BTW - I have 700 hp lolol

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Awesome little run in though, it's always fun to be able to take out cars higher on the food chain than your own car. Sure most people would pick a viper over a mustang, but lets face it if any of us had the chance to take a viper down we would all be just as excited.

99_venum

SVT Madness
Established Member
Thanks guys for the kudos. I just wish it had been on a country road where I would have felt comfortable running out the top end. I have an idea he may have pulled me on the top end, I think they are about 300 lb lighter. I have never wound my Stang in fourth gear. Only had the super charger on there a few weeks and it feels real good in second and third. Vipers are sweet and this Viper was arrest me Red very nice color on a Viper.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
No doubt the aero/weight in the triple digits would've favor the viper. Put about 1.5 to 2 cars on my buddies 3rd gen Viper from a 40-140 roll(he has zero traction down low) He's Tune/Filter only. So, I could totally see this, these new Vipers are pretty damn bad ass!

Ill_W1N

Established Member
nice kill! but please don't refer to your car as having the 675hp setup. smh. Chances are youre probably running a roush turd tune if youre referring to your hp like that. Probably more like 575rwhp at most.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread