viper pulls gsxr 1000 like crazy.

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
thats insane, i'd like to see that viper against joes twin turbo Ford GT

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Joes TT GT would beat that Viper. That is a stock motored TT viper making ~900rwhp.

Ther are however, quite a few vipers that would smoke Joe's car.

rev440

young punk
Established Member
He is one of the best drivers in the country of the viper. Hes the guy who drove the heffner viper to its 8.xx with the 6 speed.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
I think the 1275 number is wrong.

Last I heard it was a completely stock motored v-10 with TT. It might be closer to 1000, but I don't think 1200+.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Joes TT would maul the GTS in the state it's in now from a roll. The GT is a great car from a dig with the stock power level, or anywhere close to it, but I'm not sure that the GT would be better than a comparably powered Viper from a dig though. That's why I don't think you'll ever see a GT running a 7.99@177 like the Bumblebee. The configuration doesn't lend itself to launching like the Viper does...

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
DBK said:
Joes TT would maul the GTS in the state it's in now from a roll. The GT is a great car from a dig with the stock power level, or anywhere close to it, but I'm not sure that the GT would be better than a comparably powered Viper from a dig though. That's why I don't think you'll ever see a GT running a 7.99@177 like the Bumblebee. The configuration doesn't lend itself to launching like the Viper does...

I agree, the hyper built vipers are just too much for the GT. They've had a lot more time to work things out and unfortunately the GT production is done and the number of GT owners willing to push the limits is rather small. If you overlay dyno graphs from both cars with the same rwhp, you'll see a huge area under the curve and torque difference. Pump gas numbers won't even be close.

DoomsDay

Slayer of Gods...
Established Member
rev440 said:
He is one of the best drivers in the country of the viper. Hes the guy who drove the heffner viper to its 8.xx with the 6 speed.

I know both of these guys, thier both local to my area. Gary also raced a turbo busa thats all over the internet as well(with much argument about the riding skill of the guy on the turbo busa). Jimmy, the guy riding the 1000 actually just stopped half way through that run because he said it was pointless. Jimmy said he heard the car spool and started smelling race gas and the viper was long gone.

Gary no longer has this viper he sold it to a guy in canada i believe, and he's building another one, a black one. That from what im told hes going bigger turbos, a big bore motor, different stand alone (he was running AEM EMS in the blue viper) ect. I believe hewas wanting something over 1500.

I don't know anything about him driving the heffner viper to any 8.xx passes, I'll have to ask Jimmy next time i talk to him.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Cobra04 said:
I know both of these guys, thier both local to my area. Gary also raced a turbo busa thats all over the internet as well(with much argument about the riding skill of the guy on the turbo busa). Jimmy, the guy riding the 1000 actually just stopped half way through that run because he said it was pointless. Jimmy said he heard the car spool and started smelling race gas and the viper was long gone.

Gary no longer has this viper he sold it to a guy in canada i believe, and he's building another one, a black one. That from what im told hes going bigger turbos, a big bore motor, different stand alone (he was running AEM EMS in the blue viper) ect. I believe hewas wanting something over 1500.

I don't know anything about him driving the heffner viper to any 8.xx passes, I'll have to ask Jimmy next time i talk to him.

GAry is building a red/white FE viper, called "Big Red". It's not going to be a drag car, but a wild street machine with HUGE numbers.

DoomsDay

Slayer of Gods...
Established Member

DoomsDay

Slayer of Gods...
Established Member
GTSpartan said:
GAry is building a red/white FE viper, called "Big Red". It's not going to be a drag car, but a wild street machine with HUGE numbers.

So he ditched the black one already? lol that guy changes vipers like people change shoes....I haven't talked to him in awhile though so i don't doubt it.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Cobra04 said:
So he ditched the black one already? lol that guy changes vipers like people change shoes....I haven't talked to him in awhile though so i don't doubt it.

He also has a black TT SRT-10 convertible, but the new red/white one is not done yet.

rev440

young punk
Established Member
Its in his profile on viper alley sig 8.75 @ 163. Yes hes got a car on the way he already challanged some one to race it like 3 months ago.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
rev440 said:
Its in his profile on viper alley sig 8.75 @ 163. Yes hes got a car on the way he already challanged some one to race it like 3 months ago.

That was driving someones else's TT viper

UNDR PSI

Established Member
Cobra04 said:
BTW That second video isn't Gary's car, though it is a heffner car its a guy named Darius's car....

Cobra04 said:
I know both of these guys, thier both local to my area.

Gary no longer has this viper he sold it to a guy in canada i believe

:nonono: Actually, it is the same car, considering Darius bought it from Gary. And he doesn't live in Canada. I thought you would know that since you "know" Gary.

Users who are viewing this thread