Viper Build Thread

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What calipers are they?

I've taken to just ordering spares lol. I think I've replaced 3 so far, fortunately, my shit is cheap lol.

Brembo Motorsports 6 Piston...XA5C201/02

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Lots to come this weekend.

20230505_134223.jpg

20230505_131518.jpg

20230505_120146.jpg

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Aero is sweet. Paddles are sweet. Chasing some issues though.

When the compressor kicks on for the air paddles, while under WOT, it kicks my car into limp mode on track. Bummer. Happened 3 times Saturday at the same place on the track.

Yesterday I was flying and pacing almost 2.5 seconds faster than my previous best, and then I heard a weird banging noise, pulled off and got towed in. I thought it was clutch/throw out bearing/transmission...ended up being the driveshaft. It was hitting the frame inside the tunnel.

1683558675591.jpeg

1683558690027.jpeg

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ah dang. That could've been a catastrophe!!

What's the plan to repair? CF driveshaft time??

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ah dang. That could've been a catastrophe!!

What's the plan to repair? CF driveshaft time??

I was going to. Doug Shelby has one that is made by QA1, I had one in my Gen IV ACR. I spoke with him this morning and he fears the slip yoke is different from the factory cars, with mine having an EMCO transmission; he was right.

I ended up ordering another aluminum one.

Now the question is, did it happen because of it's own failure....or was the aero throwing the angle out and causing it to break?

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Do you have any better pictures of the bearing surfaces in the yoke on the diff? What about the caps? Any better pics of those?

One bolt is sheared, the other missing. Did you take out the missing bolt or was it just gone? Can you get a better "face-on" picture of the broken bolt? Would like to see the shear pattern.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Do you have any better pictures of the bearing surfaces in the yoke on the diff? What about the caps? Any better pics of those?

One bolt is sheared, the other missing. Did you take out the missing bolt or was it just gone? Can you get a better "face-on" picture of the broken bolt? Would like to see the shear pattern.

To my untrained eye, it appears the one bolt backed itself out, and then the other sheered off, that's what the sheer pattern looks like anyways. I don't have it sitting in front of me right now though to get better pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread