Viper alarm siren issues

beyondredline

Established Member
The other day the siren on my viper alarm went out. Does not chirp anymore when locking/unlocking doors or going into panic mode. Everything else works. I tested the siren and it works, looked at the wiring and everything looks fine.

I also tested the Siren output(+) wire on the alarm module and it seems to stay at 0v when locking/unlocking the car or going into panic mode.

any ideas?

can another wire cause the alarm to not trigger a 12v at the Siren output(+) wire?

FiveOGirl

Established Member
I have nothing but issues with my viper alarm. It goes off for no freakin reason says trunk is open when it's not. Drives me bananas started doing this a year after I had it installed. Once it even started by itself but the remote didn't say it was on. My co worker called me and said my truck was running in the parking garage.

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
I have nothing but issues with my viper alarm. It goes off for no freakin reason says trunk is open when it's not. Drives me bananas started doing this a year after I had it installed. Once it even started by itself but the remote didn't say it was on. My co worker called me and said my truck was running in the parking garage.

What kind of truck?

DiabloGarrett

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
i remember a feature on my old viper, and got it into a certain mode at one point. i think it was something like, key in run position and hit lock/unlock/lock a few times.

also, yes all the siren speakers are the same, just plug cut and splice and you'll be able to change it. i'd say its the module in silent/valet mode.

beyondredline

Established Member
09 Ram 1500.. Forgot to mention The trunk is wired to the tilt sensor. I've had the sensor replaced and checked. Still does it.

I also have my tilt sensor wired to the trunk trigger. I heard that if you mount the tilt sensor at an angle it can cause it to go off for no reason. I have mine mounted under the center console next to the shifter

Is the orange wire on the tilt sensor connected to the orange wire on the 6pin harness?

Last edited:

beyondredline

Established Member
i remember a feature on my old viper, and got it into a certain mode at one point. i think it was something like, key in run position and hit lock/unlock/lock a few times.

also, yes all the siren speakers are the same, just plug cut and splice and you'll be able to change it. i'd say its the module in silent/valet mode.

the horn works. it's seems like the siren output on the alarm module does not work.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread