Viper 9.0L Package....1/4 mile

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Fast. Running 93 pump gas, on 18" slicks. The 9.0L package from Arrow Racing Engines/Prefeix is phenomenal. Would've shaved .05 or a little more off if he hadn't been on the limiter crossing the line in 4th.

Video:
upload_2018-10-23_9-7-43.png

331 LX

Established Member
Yes he was. The 1-2 was bad...the 2-3 was a little better...then the 3-4 was decent...but it bounced off the limited several times in 4th.

Yes.

Still rolling.. Was that smoke from the clutch off the hit too? Didn't look like he slipped it to much. I'd like a shot at getting that car out of the whole, I bet its pretty tricky.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Still rolling.. Was that smoke from the clutch off the hit too? Didn't look like he slipped it to much. I'd like a shot at getting that car out of the whole, I bet its pretty tricky.

It looks like it..the tires did spin much.

They're a deal. I've never had mine on a prepped surface, but they're tricky to get out and for them to go straight haha

Zemedici

Established Member
It looks like it..the tires did spin much.

They're a deal. I've never had mine on a prepped surface, but they're tricky to get out and for them to go straight haha

Does the power just come on really hard from the big displacement? I've driven a Gen V, but was doing highway pulls with it, not dig runs. :D

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Does the power just come on really hard from the big displacement? I've driven a Gen V, but was doing highway pulls with it, not dig runs. :D

Yes. The powerband in the Vipers is unreal... this year at my local track my fastest lap was a 1:50.7 driving 'normal'. I did a fast lap in only 3rd gear (shifting to 4th for a second on the front straight), and ran a 1:55.3. The amount of power low in the powerband is ****ing nuts. Even at 40mph with a 3.07 rear end, you have power in 3rd gear.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Zemedici

Established Member
I want to do this to mine.

I think it runs about $30k. So $30k plus the $80k car...only $110k to run 9s.

Does arrow fix the bearing issues like Calvo does? The cars truly are bargains for what they are. A 650-700whp Gen V is a potent street car. The powerband (as you stated earlier) is crazy. Just pulls and pulls. The motors are forged through and through too.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Does arrow fix the bearing issues like Calvo does? The cars truly are bargains for what they are. A 650-700whp Gen V is a potent street car. The powerband (as you stated earlier) is crazy. Just pulls and pulls. The motors are forged through and through too.

Yes they do. Arrow has been working on Vipers since Antonio was learning how to drive a manual. lol

Arrow was purchased by Prefix, who has been building/painting Vipers since 1992.

Recon

Established Member
That engine with heads, and cam, amongst other additional parts, in a orange T/A 1.0; I wouldn’t look at another mustang again.
The only viper I’ve driven is a 94, and I loved the “it wants to kill you “mentality of the car.

Pick your poison.

Users who are viewing this thread