Vinyl stripe placement

Status
Not open for further replies.

jchristena

Established Member
Anyone have the information on the placement of the factory side stripes? I thought I would like the looks better if I removed them and now the car looks a little plain to me(yea, I'm a dumbass). I bought the strips from Ford and am having them installed in a couple of weeks but I want to make sure I can tell the install shop exactly where they should go. To clarify, I'd like to know how far from the front wheel well, how far up from the bottom of the door...etc.

Thanks.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
You can try and use this as a guide....

IMG_7143.JPG

If you notice, your door has two creases / lines where the stripes go. Stripes seem to go right smack in the middle of the body creases.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I'd assume Ford has a diagram for body shop guys.
I really want to swap out the stock stripes for Super Snake style in a slightly less purple.
-J

jchristena

Established Member
Thanks everyone. I guess it really is just a "get it close" kind of thing. I have the Factory Service Manual and I would have bet that there would be a section in there on stripe tape placement...I was incorrect.

jchristena

Established Member
I'd assume Ford has a diagram for body shop guys.
I really want to swap out the stock stripes for Super Snake style in a slightly less purple.
-J
That's what I would have thought too...otherwise you'd end up with all sorts of weird shit when someone repaired the car.

jchristena

Established Member
The dealer said they can't help. I have talked to a couple of the shops that tend to do wraps/strips on high end cars. They both told me they ~should~ be able to get the factory measurements. Both of them said the would likely use internet pictures to get a better idea of where they go.

I would just rather have my ducks in a row before I have to rely on them 'eyeballing' it even though that is likely good enough. It'd be nice to tell them the edge of the stripe goes xyz from whatever edge.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm sure the dealer service guy probably can't find it but I meant have you actually talked to the body shop manager. Two different things. Crazy to think Body shop can't help.
What if a GT500 needs paint/stripe repairs?
-J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread